Sign in to follow this  
hotshotmike1001

grumman duck updating

I came across a problem.  I took a look at the float object and noticed that you angled it.  Very good idea, btw, but this also means that I will have to update the script to set the direction of the float equal to the direction of the plane.

Also, I'm going to try raising the float object in the script just slightly so the plane doesn't bounce around while sitting still.  Hopefully I won't have to do anything that drastically alters how the plane sits in the water, and maybe it won't even be noticeable that I did anything.  We'll see.

Increasing the armor is ok, as long as it isn't too high.  It wouldn't look good if a rocket couldn't destroy it tounge2.gif

-Pilot

EDIT:

Below is a screenshot of what I adjusted. At that point I take no dammage with an armor of 160, and the plane doesn't jitter. I think if you compare it to my other screenshots, you will agree that it is better.

Pic

Ah, what the heck, I'll post one last version for tonight.

This version has the fixed float position, tell me what you think.

Download Link:

See page 6 for latest version.

-Pilot

As you can see in the Photography Thread I love this addon pretty much. The Grumman is really nice and I just love it inlove.gif

hotshotmike1001 sad_o.gif

Student Pilot (the rear canopy is open to center not to tail direction, please correct it)

canopy.jpg

Can you add the machinegun again (looks cooler that way smile_o.gif ) and some bombs . Sure its fun to fly but i want to blow things up too (with a realistic armament)

Armament

* 1× .30 machine gun on flexible mount for observer

* 650 lb (295 kg) bombs or depth charges

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J2F_Duck

@alloisi

*slaps head*

That would make more sense, wouldn't it.  Thanks for that info, I'll change the rear canopy immediately.

@demonclaw

We were intending to make an armed and an unarmed version.  Once we finalize the unarmed version we'll add the guns and rockets to it.

-Pilot

EDIT

@alloisi

I have run into an OFP limitation. OFP does not allow animations within animations. This means that I can't animate the very back part of the window, it will have to stay where it is. confused_o.gif I will re-animate the rear canopy so that it closes properly, though.

Works for me. Be sure you aren't using a download manager, Freewebs doesn't seem to like them.

I am trying to get an account on FileFront, but I am having trouble.

-Pilot

Works for me. Be sure you aren't using a download manager, Freewebs doesn't seem to like them.

I am trying to get an account on FileFront, but I am having trouble.

-Pilot

No I dont use a dl manager (if you dont count firefox as that smile_o.gif ) . When i click on the link i get transfered to the main page of the forum

Ok, here is a filefront link:

JF2 Duck Open Source

-Pilot

Thanks , keep up the good work . Btw could you make the ww2ec navy pilot the standard pilots for this plane ? . And when will the shadow be ready ?

For the pilot, I'm thinking of asking the addonmakers of one of the other WWII planes for permission to use their model, I don't have the time or ability to make my own. As for the shadow, I haven't started working on it, but hopefully it won't take long.

-Pilot

Ok, here is my next update.  Grumman JF2 Duck V1.1.  Changes in this version include shadows, a new prop blur, and WWII crew.

Here are two images of the shadow:

Shadows 1

Shadows 2

Download Link:

This version requires the WWII Pilot Pack.

This is probably my last update until the summer.  School and other things are making life busy.  I might fix any small errors that anyone finds, but I probably won't help make an armed version, or do any more large modifications.

-Pilot

EDIT:

*Pulls hair out*

I found an error with the plane.  I'll fix it and post a new version.  It doesn't have any effect on the visuals, it only effects how the plane floats.

Ok, here we go.  Hopefully there are no more errors.

Download Link:

This addon requires the WWII Pilot Pack.

My apologies for not discovering this error earlier, and also I apologise for all the double/triple posting.

-Pilot

Ok, here we go. Hopefully there are no more errors.

Download Link:

Grumman JF2 Duck Open Source V1.15

My apologies for not discovering this error earlier, and also I apologise for all the double/triple posting.

-Pilot

Good work . You should give this updated plane to ofp.info

Wow nice stuff guys.I am just worried that 160 armor is way too much and small arms won't engage these planes like that.

Its a flying APC

Yeah, that is a concern. I did some intercepting with WWIIEC's Me109 and it took forever to shoot it down.

Me thinks a reduction in armor is necesary.

-Pilot

Ok, here's version 1.2  There is only 1 change: the armor has been reduced from 160 to 30.  As a comparison, the Me109 I was playing interceptor with is set to 40, and the Cessna that comes with OFP is set to 15.

Download Link:

-Pilot