Sign in to follow this  
wass24

Add optics to gas mask? How?

I am using a gas mask addon in my missions, but when I put the gas mask on it doesn't change your vision at all. I would like to either put up optics, like when your looking through binos, to black out the sides you couldn't see OR when the mask goes up, put a yellow tint over my eyes. The problem is that I don't know how to do either, so could somebody please help me out. Thanks.

YEY! Finaly someone doing this.. I was trying to do this with the gogles (On BAS's soldiers etc).. As theres no advantage/disavantage to leaving hte googles on the whole time (Since the heli dust wont affect you, and no visibility loss)

Basicly, you'd modify the script the "Gogles on" action triggers (Easy enough), and make it apply a cutrsc file you make (Definined in addon description.ext)

It's applied the same way you force the binoc optics up in cutscenes

You could make a new addon, which links textures/models to the old ones, with a new script, config.cpp and the TGA file for the overlay..

In short : Make optic

Define in descrption.ext

Change script to apply/remove cutrsc

- Ben

Do you have an example of your description.ext file and your script that applies and removes the cutscene? I have no experience with any of these things.

AFAIR the farmland NBC soldiers has this feature sort of, maybe you could check them out...

I've checked out their addon already and I don't believe they have included this sort of thing in their work.

I just tried that and it doesn't really work the way you would want it to.

You just need to overlay a transparent-in-the-right-places image on the screen..

I suck with description.ext files (and config files), and I've not done anything with them for months now, best place to look is the editrs depot on www.ofpec.com smile_o.gif

- Ben

What size would the rsc have tobe? I tried making a full screen rsc a few years back but it wouldn't work. Would you have to make multiple rsc's to fill the screen?

And Onix... the only surviving shreds of ofpec are on web.archive.org, and half of the editors depot is missing. Don't rub it in, I miss it enough already sad_o.gif

So, not only do I need optics for my Gas Mask, but I also need it playable in multiplayer and MP doesn't recognize the setObjectTexure command. What if the gas mask was modeled like NVgoggles, would that work. Can all of the NVgoggles files be copied and modified to make the mask work?

Can all of the NVgoggles files be copied and modified to make the mask work?

If you want a gasmask, then you will need to replace the NVG with it. There is only one slot for that kind of equipment, and that is the one used up by the NV Goggles.

Replace as in totally remove the NV Goggles from your OFP/mod install and putting the gasmask files in it's place.

So lets say I wanted to replace the NVgoggles. Where are all of the files associated with them? Is it as simple as just relplacing the model and optics files and updating the config, or would I have to take apart a major addon and recompile it with the changes?

There's really no other way around the setObjectTexture command in MP, why would BIS have it work in SP and not MP.

There's really no other way around the setObjectTexture command in MP, why would BIS have it work in SP and not MP.

I think BIS once mentioned that this was done to prevent cheating. Cheaters could give their opponents entirely red clothes to make them more easily visible for example.