Sign in to follow this  
volkov956

3 Systems 1 Crashes in Flashpoint

Crash:

When ever the game is being run with the Sound Hardware Accelleration in the game menu the game will crash randomly. If its on Disabled the game plays fine on Software Mode for sound.

Of Course the game runs perfectly on my other 2 rigs.

System Specs

Athlon 64 3200+ 1mb

1.5gb DDR

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise SP1

BGF 6800 Ultra O/C (81.98whql)

Sound Blaster 2 Audigy 2 ZS (current)

10/100/1000 DLINK PCI Network Adapter

2x80 GB ATA PC 133 8m Cache Hard Drives

MSI K8N Neo Platinum (Bios 1.9)

Game Settings and etc

Operation Flashpoint Resistance 1.96

1024x768 75hz

Have tried Reintalling Nvidia Nforce Chipset, Nvidia Display Drivers, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Drivers.

I actually do remeber the problem started after I Upgraded the sound card drivers from the Open AL Beta set to the final set. Worked before with older drivers

So my qusetion is anyone else experience this as well

Updated from volkov956

The Audigy 2 ZS main Chip on it was damaged by heat. After removing that card and installing another the problem of game crashing never happened again smile_o.gif

So my qusetion is anyone else experience this as well

Yes if you search you'll find numerous reports over the years. It's nearly always related to soundblaster cards, only solution is to lower hardware acceleration or disable it completely.

Sadly thats what I have to do run the game in Software Mode Sound even though my other 2 systems with Audigy 2 ZS's do not have the same problem

Sadly thats what I have to do run the game in Software Mode Sound even though my other 2 systems with Audigy 2 ZS's do not have the same problem

As Placebo said, it is a problem with the Soundblaster cards. The Audigy series works perfectly fine. You should consider putting in an Audigy 2 in the pc you are experiencing problems with as well. That will solve your problem.

Plaese don`t make Soundblaster Card`s down. Leave this Soundblaster LIFE out of youre system and you will have no problem. My Sounblaster Audigy2 runs fine with OFP. I have used Creative Soundcards before, and i never had problems with them.

It`s only this "unholy" Soundblaster Life series that made trouble.

True but it doesn't change the fact that the problem is found and resolved (as much as possible).

If you get distorted sound and/or your game is crashing when sounds are played then try updating your drivers or as a final solution lower/disable hardware sound and/or sound acceleration.