Sign in to follow this  
ag_smith

OFPL Lechistan, Object Pack i PKP 1.0

Hello,

I downloaded this island a few weeks ago and I was quite surprised with it. It's not a perfect work, but it runs smoothly and has a good share of eye-candy. I have an FX5600 and its framerate varies from 43 to 25 fps, which is good enough in comparison to other islands. Besides that, I get NO freezes. That's why I've decided to reply.

From experience with ECP's cpu-intensive scripts, I've learnt that using short timed delayed loops ("~" and "goto" labels) is very harmfull. Usualy, running such script every ten seconds would cause a framerate "bounce" every ten seconds. The framerate "bounce" was more instense when I had many processes in background. So, in order to fix it, the time delayed loops were replaced by "While Do", which runs in a frame and doesn't lag -- may cause the game to freeze for a few seconds, though, when it loops a lot.

Now, I can see only one relation of this to what's happening with this island -- cpu-intensive processes running in background, allied to cpu-intensive scripting. I believe that when ag_smith turned the tracks from house to bush class, the AEF scripts would no longer detect them and, thus, wouldn't perform cpu-intensive calculations.

You ask: Erm, what's the relation to processes in background, and why the hell you don't experience this lag, Hugo?

Well, I used to get that same framerate bounce when I ran, a long time ago, WinAmp along with OFP+ECP. Without ECP it would run fine. Currently, YzShadow is run upon startup on my system and I have to disable it because it gets laggy, whether running vanilla or heavily modded OFP. From that experience, I suppose the reason why I and a few don't lag but other do is background processes that track a lot of system events, such as mouse events or application windows events. Along with AEF's scripting, it could be the major reason to this lag.

I have no idea how AEF engine looks like, but there might be space for improvement of its object tracking system. However, there are model issues that cause lag aswell. I remember missing the geometry lod of an object and getting terrible freezes when vehicles passed by or bullets hit it. Once again, that's just me wondering. Besides, my assumptions might be all wrong and I'll be wasting your precious time. tounge2.gif

Regarding "out of memory" issues on FX5600, Shashman, I solved them by installing the latest OFP patch and upgrading my video card drivers, which I got from Guru3D. Hope you haven't done it, so it'll solve your problems. biggrin_o.gif

Good luck, guys.

Well, you see, the thing is that when absolutelly NO AEF scripts are running at the given time, you still get the lag spikes. It also happens only with certain addons like King Homer's M1A2 SEP or OFPL F-16 (there're some others...). Now, here you could say that it's that addons scripting fault - CPU intensive scripts are being looped continueously. But it's not. When you remove that straight track section from the map (or make it bush class for that matter), the lag spikes don't happen anymore.

Since AEF train engine does depend on nearestObject function to find the adjacent track section, you have come to conclusion, that having too many objects recognisable by this command (ie. houses and track sections as well) is what causes the problem. However, I've gone through OFPL F-16 scripts step by step and no nearestObject command in there is running in a loop. So it seems this conclusion isn't correct... and this is where I find myself at the dead end of reasoning. huh.gif

I think that if removing the shadows for the tracks will reduce a good deal of lag, then perhaps it is the best move at this point. Lag has always been a tough issue to solve and it would save a lot of time if that definately will work.

Well you can do the cheap and nasty way, by turning off object shadows in the display options.

Or do it the hard way thru Oxygen.

I for one would like to see just the tracks on the map, maybe release a modified version with the tracks as eye candy only? with no train option?

I dont have the train running much, as full scale invasions tend to screw with the rail network whistle.gif

Hi all,

I've tried the solution suggested by sv5000 and it doesn't work for me. Furthermore, I've miserably failed to find any other working solution and I'm out of ideas for any others.

Trainless version is not an option. I can't afford to spend enough time to make it.

If anybody wants, I can upload the semi-fixed model, that'll make the problem disappear at the cost of functionless trains.

sad_o.gif

Regarding "out of memory" issues on FX5600, Shashman, I solved them by installing the latest OFP patch and upgrading my video card drivers, which I got from Guru3D. Hope you haven't done it, so it'll solve your problems. biggrin_o.gif

Lol thanks for the tip, but I've been up to date on my OFP patching for the past... 2 years now since the latest one was released? tounge2.gifwhistle.gif

Which driver did you d/l for your FX5600? I have the same card as you smile_o.gif

-nomap should fix the out of memory map error, but that should be solved by doing a search in the troubleshooting forum and reading the 8000 identical threads in there about the memory map error rather than taking this thread off topic smile_o.gif

bummer.:wall:

I am out of ideas then, that was the last 1 i had.

Could you put up the functionless version the ag-smith.

Dont mind this problem ag_smith, your isalnd is still OMGDELTAROXOR!!!!!!

Ooops! I must be getting old, my memory doesn't serve me well these days. huh.gif I promise I will put it up tomorrow morning. For now goodnight.gif

Alright, here it is:

sch2_0-15.p3d Right click->Save as...

IMPORTANT:

Make sure to backup AEF_Train.pbo before you do anything. Replacing this model will make the train engine unable to recognize the track, thus making the railroads nothing but an eye-candy. That's the cost of solving the lag problem you might experience with some addons. That's why you want to have a backup copy, to be able to revert anytime. This is not authorized anyhow by AEF guys, I hope they won't be mad at me. huh.gif

To install simply unpbo AEF_train.pbo and replace the file in AEF_Train/t/ subfolder, then repack again and you're good to go.

the download side is error, can you me correct give please

No, it's not. You just have to use Right click -> Save as....

thanks ag_smith..

This island is so nice, i keep finding places that are just amazing and unique.

many thanks again for the work notworthy.gif

hey ag_smith what do you make now further with yours objects?

the map and to projects see super out however can for me someone several Polish describe to make for me? I send you also to pictures of the Polish describe that would be super of you, thank bye