Sign in to follow this  
Nick225

amphibious assualt

i'm trying to make an amphibious assualt level, and I have 3 boats with soldiers in them. The boats are supposed to land and the soldiers then charge up the beach and take a town.

PROBLEMS:

1)I had to use an empty Russian boat for the americans because the american boat doesn't move.

2)right now, i have a group of soldiers in each boat. at the beach i have a "get out" waypoint. all the soldiers get out, but then they have to regroup on their commander, and wait for orders, during this time they are all being killed. i want it so that their are no groups and everyone moves up the beach by himself.

3)i have a sandbag wall that the russians are supposed to take cover behind. but when the shooting starts they just go prone. is there a way to make a soldier keep standing and not lie down?

thanks

The american PBR shouldn't present any problems really. I've used it a few times before and it always works fine. Make sure you have the waypoints set correctly.

As for placing units in boats as individuals, this should work if you ungroup each unit and give them all waypoints individually. Using "get out" would work to get all units out of them boats, but it's far easier to give the boats "transport unload" waypoints instead, which will mean they kick out all the passengers themselves. Using individual units instead of groups however may present problems incase you want large numbers of units, as there is a limit to how many groups can exist in one map (something like 64 groups)

To make the russians stay standing, add the line

this setunitpos "up"

into their initialisation field and they won't lie down.

thanks!

a completely unrelated question(didnt feel like making new topic)

Since OFPEC is down, is there anywhere where I can get a HALO script?

"Real Halo" by toadlife is the best I know of.

Its much better to group as many units as you can or you can end up with a laggy mission especially if your doing a large beach landing.

Refer to the Comref for the commands you need to get your groups to behave. Its better to learn how to do that than resort to having a bunch of individual units.

I dont know where you can get the Real Halo script right now unless you want to give your email address and I can send to you.