Sign in to follow this  
cain2001

Scripting help needed

I tried learning the Dialog maker but failed and will probly fail on the scripting that needs to be done afterwards smile_o.gif

So im sending out a request for someone who have enough skill to put together a "dynamic market system" Its not what it sounds like.

What i basicly need is a system that generates the amount of prodcuts avalible, the dynamic price that changes and a buy option along with a "current player balance"

This is something I think could come in handy for many mission makers or what ever type of prodcuts people want to add to it. Myself im gonna add drugs and weapons smile_o.gif

Main idea, something like this but in OFP dialog box with dynamic (auto changing) prizes and amout of stock.

2224xd.jpg

Please tell me this is a 30-45 min job?

Anyone know a place where i can try my luck finding this person? OFPEC is a no go, everything else is fine smile_o.gif

Well, I suppose every scripter who's got enough knowledge and could theoretically help you on that, has its own projects to finish . . .

A problem that occurs oh so often in the community. So the only way to go is do-it-yourself or have a scripting-experienced friend with time, I suppose.

Well, people should see it like a opertunity, Heres an idea, Take it, make it, release it to OFPEC or your personal site and ill use it. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Please tell me this is a 30-45 min job?

Nope. Lol, nothing in scripting is a 30-45 min job, but this would actually be a somewhat large project.

Like hardrock said, chances are you aren't going to find someone who has the time to take on project like this just for you. Usually you have to 'get the ball rolling' yourself (by starting a project) before you can get others to hop on and help you.

Luckily, getting people to help you learn how to take on a project like this is pretty easy. OFPEC is exactly the place to go for that smile_o.gif.

If you get ok at scripting, the scripting aspect of this does not look to hard.  But I think the dialog boxes are a different matter. If you want to take the easy route, this could be done with addaction, hints, and the radio.

But I think the dialog boxes are a different matter. If you want to take the easy route, this could be done with addaction, hints, and the radio.

I disagree. Dialogs themselves aren't that hard to create, and are much easier to use than addaction or the radio in this case. Usually the scripting behind it is the harder part.

Anyway, I'm actually working on a "complex dialog scripting" tutorial which should help you tackle a project like this. Links when it is posted.