Sign in to follow this  
caz

small arms vs choppers

I took out a chopper with an RPG in that Shilka-destroying black-ops mission on Kolgujev. It screwed me up though, it turns out the guards noticed the chopper exploding and falling out of the sky.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Jan. 24 2002,18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Yhea the Russians have a smaller gunship, probably the same one you mentioned. They call it "Black Shark" (Nato  designation KA-50 Hokum). It's designed as a direct counter to the Apache and apparently it's the first and only gunship to need only 1 crewmember and features an ejection seat!! (no idea how that would work but my guess would be it'd eject you sideways...or maybe jetisson the blades first)...anyway here's a link with a pic of a Hokum flying alongside a Hind.... Hokum & Hind in formation

<span id='postcolor'>

Ejection seats in helicopters is nothing new, the U.S. Army researched the possibility back in the 70's I think. Small explosive charges would be place on the rotorblades and would be set off to jettision them and then the seat would be shot off straight up. They later abandoned the idea.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadowlord477 @ Jan. 25 2002,00:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They later abandoned the idea.<span id='postcolor'>

That's the diference.

How can you ask if the stinger cant be locked on targets in veteran mode? When you have tried targeting and you dont see that square that pops up in cadet mode, the next obvious thing to do is to fire the stinger and see that it follows the target!

You can lock a stinger on AIR targets in veteran mode, you just dont see the locked-on box. If you would only have tried fireing the stinger. What did you do? did you just try to lock on, didnt see the lock box, shut down OFP and go ask in this forum? Come on you have to use your brains some more.

It micht seem liek Im upset or something, Im not, I just think its pretty stupid to just try to target but not press the fire button...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can you ask if the stinger cant be locked on targets in veteran mode? When you have tried targeting and you dont see that square that pops up in cadet mode, the next obvious thing to do is to fire the stinger and see that it follows the target!

You can lock a stinger on AIR targets in veteran mode, you just dont see the locked-on box. If you would only have tried fireing the stinger. What did you do? did you just try to lock on, didnt see the lock box, shut down OFP and go ask in this forum? Come on you have to use your brains some more.

It micht seem liek Im upset or something, Im not, I just think its pretty stupid to just try to target but not press the fire button...<span id='postcolor'>

It's great to see people who have patience in helping to answer people's questions.  biggrin.gif

As a matter of fact I did try a couple of times, and I missed more often than not.

Oh, and I've only played a few missions where I even get my hands on a stinger (I play mostly co-op missions, downloaded from the net)  smile.gif

And no, I didn't "shut down OFP and come straight to the forum". I moved on to other missions, but thought I'd bring up the topic when I saw this thread.  wow.gif

So thanks for your input buddy. Unfortunately someone with a more helpful attitude had already answered my question days ago. If you really feel the need to put people down, at least do it in a timely manner... tounge.gif

I didnt mean to put you down, I just want people to try some for them selves before coming here. You can easily make a mission Urself where a plane takes off and U lock the stinger at it as soon as it leaves the ground, then you fire and see that the stinger tries to follow the plane and probably hits.