Sign in to follow this  
X-Rolando

Custom missions problem

Problem: Can't load custom missions. If I clean the config.cfg file and try to select for instance nogova virus which doesn't require any addons, it just boots me back to the mission select screen (without any error messages in the log file).

Compy setup:

SUSE 10.0, barton 3200+ 1GB RAM

I've been able to run the default missions without any problems (vanilla flashpoint), but it just doesn't seem to like ANY custom missions (I've tried quite a few different ones).

I've checked permissions, cleaned up the ofp dir, searched the forums... As this is vanilla flashpoint I'm currently running, it seems a bit strange.

So, who will be my HERO?

I assume it is a windows based server so upper case file names will not be a problem (as opposed to linux).

Some addons are required for most missions -

bis_resistance

su25

kolo

flags

To name a few.

Make sure every addon the mission needs is declared in the required addons part of the mission sqm.

I really have little idea what is going on however hopefully KS may post here or some other star trek/geek/galaxy quest/techie/weenie/nerd/server admin type might.

I've done some testing...

Missions with default infantry and vehicles (I tested the BRDM) seem to work fine.

I tried adding a T80, and then it stopped working. The mission also refuses to load if it contains a wooden fence.

I'm quite... Stupified by this problem - Some pre-resistance stuff doesn't seem to work while most (if not all) post-resistance models and objects seem to work (such as the BRDM).

Just to get certain - you made all files lowercase for the server ?

Yes (or should I say, Keygety's packaging script did it for me).

I gave the "Desert Ambush" mission a go as I heard there was a T80 in it. Yes, there is a T80 in the mission, but it is empty. Shortly after I had discovered this I put an empty T80 into a small "mission" and it worked fine.

It would seem like an AI problem, but that wouldn't explain why the server rejects a simple mission with a wooden fence...

This is a known problem with kegetys packing script. He used a minimal data.pbo file that is missing several items, including flags. Just go into your PC's OFP installation and upload the data.pbo from your pc to the server and replace the one that is there. Its 105mb.  Take it from your res/dta folder and put it on the same folder path on the server.

I've just tried this, and it didn't help, sadly. I also tried compressing and moving the whole ofp folder to the server (and then running bohemias script, obvioiusly) but even then it wouldn't work.

Do all files have the correct permissions, especially the missions you upload? And just to be on the safe side: Are the missions all lower case?