Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Radeon64DDR VS Geforce 2 Ti.

OK I got my Ti today and decided to test it against my radeon..

first is installation under XP..

I have a question... at the Nvidia page there are 2 driver options:

Dentonator for XP/2000

and

Dentonator for XP 64 bit..

which do I use?

anywway Im kinda miffed about the Ti as far as tweakability.. there are no display tabs like Direct3d/open Gl with all the adjustments like with the Radeon.. al there is is "Adapter"

FRAMERATE..

for FR tests I used Aces High.. becuase it works really well..

test one with the Radeon showed 24-25 fps..

test two with the Readon showed 37fps

test one with the GF2Ti showed 34fps

Test two with the GF2Ti showed 45fps

as for image quality.. yup the radeon looks better.. not by a very large margine.. but enough to where a nitpicker would be annoyed..

all in all I would say if you have a REALLY fast PC get the radeon because you wont need the extra fps the Gf2 gives and the image quality is nice... if you have a 1.2ghz or less.. go with the Ti..

ati radeon was same card i just got i seem to get a lot of glitches in games with it compared to my old card better performance in generall but one or two faults =[

The Radeon hardware is simply great, the technology ownz. Too bad ATI's drivers are crap and are updated only about 2 times a year. sad.gif

The 64 bit drivers are for the 64 bit version of windows for 64 bit processors... so you use the normal ones.

Performance will really suck with any Nvidia card unless you download the most recent drivers from http://www.nvidia.com . I think the 21.83s are the most recent... and they add in tabs for all the things you want, like FSAA and the like.

I was at a talk given by Alan Cox, probably the second most important Linux hacker smile.gif and he reckoned that the ATI cards were actually capable of higher speeds, but the Nvidia drivers were so good it didn't really matter. He's a knowledgable guy, so I just nodded and agreed.