Sign in to follow this  
JakeDaSnake

Pointer Problem

Can somebody please help me solve a pointer problem: While in game, the pointer shows up in addition to the hammer/scythe pointer. Tried reloading OFP GOTY edition and ffur mod. Worked fine with a fresh download, however, when I shut down and restart the game.......the pointer is there once again. No problem with the game.....just a little distracting. Anybody else having the same problem? Any suggestions / solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JakeDaSnake

AMD Athalon 2.5 (~2Ghz)

512 Ram

GeForce 6600

p.s. : Awesome Mod!!! Great work FFUR team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a much easier way that I fix that problem.

If its the same problem I always have, then right at the beginning of the game (there should be a loading screen saying 'the countdown begins...' or something like that) move the pointer to the top left corner of the screen, then drag it to the top right. It should disappear. Make sure you do this before the menu loads up, or it will not work. wink_o.gif

That should work.

My pointer does that sometimes too.

I always just hit Alt + Tab to go back to the desktop and then hit it again to go back to Flashpoint. That always seems to make the extra pointer go away for me.

I still have that problem, ever since I got a flat-screen monitor crazy_o.gif I will try some of these, hopefully it will help.

I still have that problem, ever since I got a flat-screen monitor crazy_o.gif I will try some of these, hopefully it will help.

i solved that problem by altering the refresh rates of the game to a different value to the desktop.

There is a much easier way that I fix that problem.

If its the same problem I always have, then right at the beginning of the game (there should be a loading screen saying 'the countdown begins...' or something like that) move the pointer to the top left corner of the screen, then drag it to the top right. It should disappear. Make sure you do this before the menu loads up, or it will not work. wink_o.gif

That should work.

That did it for me, thanks. Lately I was just alt+tabbing your method is much easier.

Moving to Troubleshooting.

This is a very common problem, and has been posted before.

A common fix is to make sure that your desktop resolution and OFP resolution are at different settings.