Sign in to follow this  
Farcus

Help Me (noobie here)

So I bought GOTY edition, patched and everything. I went to play and I get around 29fps ?! what is going on? I have like 5300-6000 benchmark score so I dont think i should be getting this sort of score. For christ I play bf2 with better fps than OPF.

Spec

Window XP Pro SP2

2x512 DDR400 Ram

AMD 64bit 2800+(@2.0ghz)

6600GT

Play HL2 and CS:S at around 60fps on 1028x768 with 2xaa and 2xaf same with with bf2 or around 60fps. OPF is quite the anticlimatic case.

welcome.gif , if you need help you should have posted or searched in the troubleshooting section.

1- The game is old and doesnt like new video drivers much.

2- Reduce settings such has view distance and terrain detail.

3- Use the search thingy.

Good luck smile_o.gif .

welcome.gif

Unfortunately OFP is don`t optimised thru patches that it can make use of new hardware. The upcoming Armed Assault will run perfect on your system, hopefully. wink_o.gif

Make sure you start OFP with -nomap, use modfolders if you have installed many addons.

btw. , i`m running OFP with an AMD AthlonXP 3200+ @2200 mhz (not overclocked), and get an benchmark result of 6000 points.

When youre framerate goes down too much, lower the viewdistance to 1600 meters, or try a lower resolution.

OFP is not known for highest framerates, but we still play it. You will learn why we still play it, when you play the campaings and missions. And don`t be afraid of the missioneditor, it isn`t that hard to build own missions. I would also suggest that you take a look at the mods, that are available for OFP. You will have fun with OFP, that much is clear. smile_o.gif

wow i feel so welcomed yay.gif a very receptive community you guys have here.

Yes, i did use the search engine and i read a lot about view distance and such.

So far I have for settings.

1028x768x32bit

Direct3d HW T&L (what is difference that and regular Direct3d)

Benchmark Detect 5600-6000 constant

Peformance

1024memory

file heap 12mb

texture heap 16mb

geomeotry performance 6041

Effect

Everything Checked

Max Light - 32

Texture

Cockpit n Object - at max

Landscape - 1024-1024

autodrop down - 4x

Detail

object - 256

object lod - .019

shadow lod - .050

In Game Setting

-Frame Rate - 20.40

Visual - 6.19

terrain detail - normal

all shadow off

multitexturing - enabled

do you guys have any suggestion? Also I can't for the life of me to make OPF look good as the ones in the screenshot that people take. I look at that thread about making OPF your favorite game, some of that stuff doesn't work or i'm just stupid.

Using 1280x1024 resolution and atleast 2x antialiasing shouldnt have much impact on performance with that video card, i would recomend to use low terrain detail and around 1000/1500 view distance only though, has for the detail/performance sliders i usualy left them in the middle smile_o.gif .

i did a brand new install and everything is good now. 75fps mostof time or around there. No lag yayyy whistle.gifwhistle.gif .

Now where do you make a custom addon folder? and how? i read it somewhere now i can't find it.

Also when you put new addons into your addon folder how do you actually use them? Is there like specific missions that you need to make them appear?

The best mods/addon i see are Red Hammer,FFUR, Y2K3 , BWMod, and the finnish mod. Are there others? The default model and texture for OPF is rather bland and lets admit it prosaic and dull. These mods sure say otherwise.

I'm moving this to Troubleshooting.

For mod folders - go into the OFP root folder, make a foldername like "@RANDOMFOLDERNAME", then inside that folder create a subfolder called "Addons", copy the .pbo's into that folder.

Then add to your shortcut the new "@RANDOMFOLDERNAME"

To see the addons, you can open desert island and load that particular addon and play with it, or you can download missions with that addon. Or you can be advanced and replace some default BIS units with that new unit and you can then enjoy an all new campaign.