Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Armed Assault mod - ONE

I decided to move the mod into this forum area...Originally it was in the OFP mods.  Could we get a mod forum in the ArmA part of the boards?  Anyway...

I'm going to post a work in progress Features List. Most game developers release something like a Company Line of features marked on the back of their CD case or what not. This one is a little more in depth

Features Line

-20 Unique Mission Campaign

----------1. Port

----------2. SkyScrapers

----------3. The Tower

----------4. Underground Base

----------5. Streets

----------6. Club

----------7. Water Base

----------8. Tribal Village

----------9. Island

----------10. Arctic Facilities

----------11. Arctic War

----------12. Egypt

----------13. The Pyramid

----------14. City Island

----------15. Alien Base

----------16. Escape

----------17. Ancient Artifact

----------18. The Chase

----------19. Hell Rises

----------20. War of the Apocalypse

-20 + Multiplayer Game Types

---------- Capture the Flag

---------- Capture and Hold

---------- Team Deathmatch

---------- Deathmatch

---------- Co-Op Campaign

---------- Co-Op Missions

---------- Counter-Op Campaign

---------- Counter-Op Missions

---------- Reverse Capture the Flag

---------- Vehicle kamikaze

---------- Sabotage

---------- Stunt Points

---------- Most Wanted

---------- Infection

---------- Way More!

-30 + Multiplayer Maps

---------- Stunt Courses

---------- City Streets

---------- Arctic Maps

---------- Desert Maps

---------- Indoor Maps

---------- More!

-Web Based statistical data and Awards

---------- Shots Fired

---------- Vehicles Destroyed

---------- Awards and medals (Like Halo)

---------- Much more!

- Over 60 Different Weapons

NatickSoldier.jpg

NovaTrooper1.jpg

AS1.jpg

AS2.jpg

AS3.jpg

I also would like to apologize for something I have been getting alot of messages about.

http://www.zorbtek.com/one/graphics/screenshots/ONEmod1.jpg

It appears that this screenshot is infact fake.  Taken directly off of this website, at this exact pageHERE

During my recruitment of members, I recieved a message from a certain member of the community (will not say) reading that he would like to join the mod.  I asked what he could do, he said modeling and textures.  I asked if he could show me examples, and these screenshots are what I got.

Thankfully to some of the members in the old thread, I was told they are not real.  Naturally, I took the heat from it, but everything is all set now.  That individual won't be joining the mod - I have not heard from him since.

So again, I want to apologize.  I have been around for years, and clearly have no intentions in making false photos of this mod for ArmA, which I hope to be a success, not a failure.  Also, newsposters, please read what is published by members very carefully.  One of the reasons why I got ragged on so much was because they said "SpecOp9 posted HIS......." or something along those lines.  In the threads, I never said I made them, or hinted that.

Hope to find some 'real' members soon smile_o.gif

thats strange, I thought you already made a "One" thread ages ago specop?

Anyway I reckon this mod will stand out in front of the other arma mods, meaning it wont have the "ofp" feel to it. tounge2.gif

I did, but it didnt seem right sitting in the OFP section and not in the ArmA section.

Quote[/b] ]---------- Reverse Capture the Flag

This sounds unique, Can you tell me a wee bit about taht possibly? smile_o.gif

You must give your flag to one of the enemy, and the enemy must tk the flag carrier. biggrin_o.gif

You must give your flag to one of the enemy, and the enemy must tk the flag carrier. biggrin_o.gif

I think it's either "get a flag from a centalised point" , or "get the flag(carrier) to the other person's flagpole"

Specop, I know you're trying to make this a succes, buuuut....

THIS PROJECT IS FEAKING ENORMOUS! and you've already started so many peojects, seriously, do you think you can finish this one? this is like four times FDF's work!

Either way, I am quite interested in how you did Earth, same way as the deathstar I presume?

This sounds unique, Can you tell me a wee bit about taht possibly?  smile_o.gif

Basically I got this idea from Halo, you gotta grab your own flag and run it into the opposing teams flag bay.

One team is on defense to stop you from doing this for 5 minutes, and the other team is on offence.  After 5 minutes, it will switch, and then the other team goes on offence ETC.

Or you both can be on offence and defence and just let all hell break loose.

Quote[/b] ]Specop, I know you're trying to make this a succes, buuuut....

THIS PROJECT IS FEAKING ENORMOUS! and you've already started so many peojects, seriously, do you think you can finish this one? this is like four times FDF's work!

Yea, it is pretty big but that's meant to be it's main attraction. Plenty of things to do. Once ArmA comes out, we can expect tons and tons of more mod makers. Many will fill the potholes in the GAW road and get that ticking a little faster. I get too many ideas too fast...

Plenty of things to do.

Which means plenty of things to go wrong.

Call me a cynic if you will, but I've seen far too many over-ambitious mods never work out, not only in OFP, but in practically every game I've seen. I can't help but get the feeling that this isnt going to work out 100%. Not trying to discourage you, but I think you have a better chance of sucess if you start out small and work your way up.

Plenty of things to do.

Call me a cynic if you will, but I've seen far too many over-ambitious mods never work out, not only in OFP, but in practically every game I've seen. I can't help but get the feeling that this isnt going to work out 100%. Not trying to discourage you, but I think you have a better chance of sucess if you start out small and work your way up.

Well, I honestly don't blame you at all. It is very hard to keep going - when the end reward is nothing, really.

But, if it's one important thing to know - it is that you gotta try, because you never know what may happen. The mod does seem a little too big, but I love things bigger than smaller. I'm hoping that the fresh breath of ArmA will revive some working habits.

--------

Quote[/b] ]What sort of cars is going to be in this mod?

Well.. I really don't know yet. Probably something that can hover with magnetic roads, and a magnet on the bottom of the cars flipped the other way to make it float. But there will be civi vehicles most definately. As for militaristic vehicles, I'll have to see if humvee would like to draw a few design sketches wink_o.gif

Plenty of things to do.

Lol, I've started far too many over-ambitious mods that never worked out. So take it from me too. goodnight.gif

Oh well, the quest to poof up my portfolio continues nonetheless.