Sign in to follow this  
Dragon6

Dedicated server Help Please

Hello I am looking for some help with this. I`ve been reading all day, I found nothing on my problem when i connect to the server, The client hangs on a black screen that says Waiting for Server.The server shows me connecting. Can someone tell me exactly what needs to be done that I get this server working. Maybe I should ask what is stoping this server from working? The Host name shows up on Gamespy. I have been working on this server for two months and still no server. Can some one give me some advice.What else do I need.

This is my config sofar.

//Server Configuration File

hostname = ""; // Host Name for the running Server

password = ""; // Normal Password

passwordAdmin = ""; // Admin password

motd[]=

{

"KILLAH KIKS ASS",

"Welcome to ofp",

}; // Welcome message

motdInterval=1;

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com"; // private server

checkfiles[]={"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo","dta\data3d.pbo"}; //list of files to check for identity

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id

equalModRequired=0; // require equal mod

class Missions

{

class Missions01

{

template = FOX_RUN V0.02_ISL2.noe;

};

Sounds like everything is normal.  As long as it says something like:

Player Dragon6 connecting

Player Dragon6 connected

You are fine, Wait for Server message is normal for servers that dont specify a map to be loaded.  I see you have a map listed in the server config file (FOX_RUN V0.02_ISL2.noe), make sure that map is actually on the server.  Next time you are at the Wait for Server screen, try to login in and select a map to load.  I bet you find that the server is indeed running properly.

It's either the map that can't be read (usually access rights or not present on the server) or the config lacking a closing <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">};

HitmanFF and majorpwnage

I went back and checked a few things and hear is what the console looks like

time: Dedicated server created

Server identity created

Dragon 6 uses modified data file - RES;@ECP

Player Dragon 6 connecting

Mission FOX_RUNV0.02_ISL2.noe read from directory

The Player Dragon 6 never connected (computer 2). I waited for at least a half hour, nothing never happen. Well what do you guys think I should do now? I have tried a few things but nothing I do seems to work. At this point the game should run without performance tuning right? I guess I am more confused then anything.

HitmanFF and majorpwnage

Server identity created

The Player Dragon 6 never connected (computer 2). I waited for at least a half hour, nothing never happen. Well what do you guys think I should do now? I have tried a few things but nothing I do seems to work. At this point the game should run without performance tuning right? I guess I am more confused then anything.

Do you got the welcome message??? I would think not.

Try changing the config... The last line of motd doesn't need a ','!!!!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">motd[]=

{

"KILLAH KIKS ASS",

"Welcome to ofp"

}; // Welcome message

Then delete the class Missions section before you go on testing!!!

If this doesn't help, delete all settings which aren't needed!

Such as equalmodrequired or checkfile to see what will happen.

HitmanFF and majorpwnage

Server identity created

The Player Dragon 6 never connected (computer 2). I waited for at least a half hour, nothing never happen.

It sounds like a firewall issue, especially since you don't get the 'connected' message. It's impossible to tell whether it's on the server or client's end though.

Can anybody else (or any other PC with OFP you might have) connect to the server? Can you connect to other OFP servers without issues?

Sicilian

No change with what you said. I deleted eveything you said. But I did with the client computer connect to other servers, even played for a while. I still have not found anyone to connect to my server. The guys are all busy doing other things or their computers are broke. But I am working on getting one of those computers up tomorrow. Oh when I did disconnect from the server it said: Dragon 6 disconnected.

This line in the console I guess means that the mission is read from the directory?

Mission FOX_RUN V0.02_ISL2.noe read from directory

sicilian my system runs under windows.

R.I.P. Yes I beleive it is connected to Lan and yes you can try to connect. The password is tank. The Host name is

HQs_Centcom under gamespy.

This whole thing works perfect over IP Address.

This is the bat.file. Maybe there is something here. Maybe I should ask how should it be written?

REM the file run.bat is to be stored in the root folder of OFP

flashpointResistance.exe -server -config=Server.cfg

REM cd C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Users\RED3\missions\FOX_RUN V0.02_ISL2.noe

REM copy *.* C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\MPMissions\FOX_RUN V0.02_ISL2.noe

R.I.P. Yes I saw you on my server. But on my computer with the wait for server, at the bottom right cornor where the players are suppose to show up, No players can be seen. Could this be a Lan connection somewhere that needs to be open? There seems to be something blocking me from connecting. And I don`t know where it is. Because I didn`t set this up, the guy is too busy to fix this. And I don`t know where to look. Give me your best shut!!!!

sicilian my system runs under windows.

flashpointResistance.exe -server -config=Server.cfg

Is the server running on your private machine or a standalone pc?

Usually the server is started with the ofp_server.exe not from the flashpointresistance.exe if you use it dedicated.

Make sure you got full access to this system -> Open udp ports the server runs on.

sicilian,

Ok Try to log on to the server now please.

sicilian,

Yes I can log in now. When I go to the multiplayer I must be in the Lan mode and not the Internet mode. I can join and everybody else can join. I want to thank you guys for helping me figure out these problems with this whole setup business.

You guys can pat yourself on the back, you have done a very good job. I am very please with the response of this Team. The Server is working fine.

Great Job.

Dragon 6 : biggrin_o.gif

>R.I.P.,

> I want to thank you for all your help and making me understand how the

>multiplayer and the server connections are suppose to operate. Most

>important is that you took the patience and time to get the job done.

>You and your Team have done well. Now I can get on with the planning.

>

>Thank You,

>

>Dragon 6

I almost for got one other guy "HitmanFF" who was very helpful. This is a great Team here. They are a lot more helpful then some of the other OFP sites I`ve been to. What a great bunch of guys.

Dragon 6

3 posts full of thanks but for what huh.gif

Helping hands is a normal behavior in a community otherwise it wouldn't be one.