Sign in to follow this  
zezete

HOW IS THE NEW NETCODE?????????

personaly ive only seen about 10% improvement. small 6 and less people games are solid but over that is laggy thats on a 1.4 athlon with 512 ddram.

rock solid for about 6 players. after that it starts to lag id like to know what they are playing on? on my 1.4 athlon with 512 ddram it s not ive had 16 peeps but it wasnt solid at all. ive also had it dedicated and ive played on sevral dedicated servers nothing over 8 players is solid. solid meaning not vehicle jumpnig etc .

wreck, what's your upload bandwith?

(6 ppl solid on a 56k server would be quite an achievement, on 128k-up kabel it would be on par)

Your on it BadRespawn... these newbies are trying to host games on dsl and cable modems... they have no idea that its not the computer your playing on.. its the upstream bandwith.

i host 14 players very well with my 512/512 adsl modem (upload a bit higher than than..but not sure of the exact number) and on the old netcode.

not often anyone ever complains about the lag.

no vehicle jumping or something, its rock solid.

im very curious over the new improved netcode....it should be better...meaning larger amounts of players per map.

I get 1500 down and 290 upload and I still see lag with the US version, btw I also have the Euro version and I dont see any big change in lag

i have saem band with as r71 in previous post i can host up to 14 peeps etc the lag just sucks