Sign in to follow this  
FootSoldier

Can't see my friends server

Hi there.

Me and my friend decided to play some OFP after a very long break, so we both installed our games and my buddy created a server.

The thing was, I couldn't see it. We checked that we had the numbers right, tried with sockets, I tried to create a server, but to no avail. We even tried to shutdown our firewalls, but still no go.

Anybody who can give a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Did you try with DirectPlay? That worked with me and my friend a couple of days ago.

Yeah, we tried with DirectPlay. Didn't work out... It's annoying. We were all worked up and then we couldn't even play. smile_o.gif

Either of you got routers?

If so you need to either set your IP as a DMZ (Turn this of when your done), or forward the ports that OFP needs

And you have the correct IP address? www.dbrweb.co.uk/ip.php

And is your friends server using the same port your trying to connect to? (2302 I think)

- Ben

Yes, we were using the correct IP and port. No router problems or anything like that. I figurered that maybe OFP was messing around, so I tried to join his game through ASE, but that didn't work out either.

Try pinging his IP

Start > Run > type cmd (or command.com on win 9x)

ping his.ip.address.here

And if it says "desination unreachable", I really don't know (Note that some firewalls stop ping-replys.. Norton is really bad for that)

On that subject, Norton hates games, the only way I've found to host games with it is to totaly disable it.. confused_o.gif

What firewall/OS are both your PC's running? That might help, also, you both have OFP 1.96 installed?

- Ben

yeah, any type of firewall/protection thing on the server side (not sure about the client side) can screw it up.