Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Favorite server!

Favourite servers

You can add IP address of your favourite server in file hosts.txt located in main OFP directory (if there is no such file, create it). All servers listes in this file are checked and any sessions running on them are displayed in the LAN session overview and it is possible to join them easily.

Write IP addresses (with optional port setting) of your favourite servers to the file to the file. E.g.:

127.0.212.2:2401

Okay, I guess I was the only one who had missed this... And was copy'n'paste the ips in every time i were to play smile.gif

Here's a fact: Using All Seeing Eye actually eats up LESS RAM than using the built-in communicator.

The RAM isn't freed after your connect to the server, when you use the built-in method.

ASE can terminate itself after you connect to the server.

Oh i didnt know that.

The problem lies in that my clan servers doesnt have a steady IP, so we use a DNS tool, like dyndns. But the allseing eye doesnt support this (well it does), but it remembers the IP, not the DNS name, so whenever the servers gets new ips, ASE checks the old IP, not the DNS name.

It sounds like the server you're using is on a basic configuration. Servers are usually hosted on networks, so the computer doesn't need to log in everytime it wants to access the web. It's just always online.

And networks are usually the only way you can get extreme speeds for hosting solid servers. Unless you want a T1 cable drilled through you walls and right into your computer. smile.gif

When ASE scans for servers, it doesn't look for specific addresses. It just waits for a server to respond.

But if a person wants to connect to your server manually, they can use either the DNS name or the IP address.

The only restriction is that they can't put your server into their Favorites folder.

Well. Because of memory leaks etc. The dedicated server is restarted every night and whenever it is crashing. He does not have a steady ip (same ip every time he turns on his computer), and is therefore using a DNS service:

swafeuro.i989.net

The server is on ADSL.

Theres a "Favorites folder" in ASE, thats where ive put it. But it doesnt work, cause ASE sadly dfoesnt remember the DNS rather the IP sad.gif

And i mostly play on these servers, so its alot easier to use the ingame system rather then adding the server to ASE every time i start it up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ Jan. 18 2002,01:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's a fact:  Using All Seeing Eye actually eats up LESS RAM than using the built-in communicator.

The RAM isn't freed after your connect to the server, when you use the built-in method.

ASE can terminate itself after you connect to the server.<span id='postcolor'>

If there is any leak when connecting to server, can you please provide me some more information about it? What should I do to see the leak?

I would definitelly like to fix any memory leaks there may be.

Memory leak?

You can test how much RAM is being used by what program via RAM monitors.

I think WinXP has one built into it. It'll keep a log of where your RAM is going all day.