Sign in to follow this  
The Lord

Camp Attack

OK this is the first mission i have released to the ublic, I dearly hope u like it as I am quite fond of it myself, Its quite cinematic I think personally

Its called Camp Attack and is the story of the air cavalry attacking a contingent of NVA who have captured a village

Its jolly good fun and if it plays right is at a good pace sort of a skirmish building into a big battle!

which is nice

anyway I have only played it with ECP 1.085 as its the only way I play OFP so I am not sure what will happen without it

othing much different I would expect

Anyway the essential addons that are needed for the misison to run are

*drumroll*

SEB Nam Pack!!! *Massive Applause*

THE NVA PACK!!!!! very useful for me got rid of lots of this moveindriver etc

And lastly my fave vietnam island ever!!!!!

Jungle Everon

Erm yes it is the best actually because it doesnt lag and its solid

Jungle Everon 1.2

Please tell me what you think of this mission, I know there are a few bugs like the heli's MAY crash into each other but I have tried very hard for this not to happen

Also the men may stall for a little while after getting to the village but they shud get moving eventually smile_o.gif

ENJOY!

EDIT: 4 seconds later

I am the stupidest person in the world i for got to give u guys the mission

WAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*ehrm*

Mission

thanks mate

btw more musique will be added if people like the miison witha few more missions chucked it with the same vietnam theme smile_o.gif

Cant get mission to load confused_o.gif

Have all the addons but when you click play the game just reverts to intro screen...

hmm odd let me go and test it without ECP and see what happens

EDIT god knows what happened but i will have uploaded the working v of the mission in a few minutes

here we go chaps this one works

http://www.freewebs.com/lolomfgwtf/camp%20attack.ebeden_jungle.pbo

can someone test it to see if the link at least works smile_o.gif

also can anyone recommend a better file host than freewebs and I will use it smile_o.gif

Ok i had a go at the map. Nice mission concept. But it needs some finetuning work in my opinion.

Here are my findings:

Nice song, maybe a bit to long. I enjoyed the scenery while we flew to target. Then we hit the coastline and all hell broke loose. 3 choppers colided into eachother in some wild manouvres. Dunno what happened there, my guess is you got some waypoint or something just before the coastline and it screwed up the flight path of the choppers. First chopper brakes in the formation and then everybody behind the first one pulls a emergency 180 and shakes left and right untill they colide. So maybe seperate the flight paths at that location.

Second try the choppers almost colided with eachother again, so it was no coincidance at the coastline. Now i made it to the LZ, but when we needed to land all the choppers again started making very strange flight paths and almost made colissions again. Two choppers were flying backwards as fast as the players chopper was going forwards, and they were inches from eachother. My opinion is that the landing spots for each chopper are to close together. That kind of traffic at the LZ is just begging for major fubarism (not talking about the moderator, i mean the real deal lol ) A option is to let each chopper take a different flight path on approach to the LZ or have them go in two at the same time, so that other choppers have to wait in the air before the others can go in.

Now for the battle itself. It was a very large head on offensive with NVA coming from all sides almost. Maybe have them come in waves better then all at once. (well dunno if that was the case, it just felt like that.) Now then all was well in the firefight at the village untill suddenly my squad commander did a runner back to the original starting location of the map. I think he got scared....and he took the entire squad following him, leaving me alone to face the enemy. I think this problem can be solved by simply use the command 'allowfleeing' on the squad. This way he will not turn and run away when faced by stronger forces.

Now when he went running back for home i noticed that i was the only guy standing around at the village with still a lot of NVA around me. I had no idea where the other squads were, and if they all had been killed or not. So i hid somewhere and looked at the map. So...what is the objective? ...You need markers on that map is my suggestion. As when i was the only guy and i cleared the village i got a second objective. But due to my commander doing a runner and there was no markers on the map i had no idea where the target was.

The briefing needs some work as well. Put reference to markers maybe, make the layout of the text a bit better and that sorta stuff.

Well that was my first impressions on the mission. And don't be offended by what i am saying above, this is my perception of things i saw in the mission. Other people may see other things and not the things i said. It's just some things i wanted to point out to you. It's a nice mission idea and i would like it if it all works out the way you planned it.

Greetings,

X™  smile_o.gif

no worries mate

I have noted that bit when they hit the coast the chopper you are in does something odd but i assure you its nothing to do with the waypoints :P

I will try giving them alternate flight paths

Also when you clear the village there should be a message that pops up saying it is secure.

Also I did notice the leader going the oppisite way from the enemey which was rather annoying

so in the officers init shud i put allowfleeing=false ?

I have started work on making the US forces flank the camp as opposed to running head on at it, but there are only like 3 NVA recon squads in that village so it is odd u faced large resistance, mabye the forces from the camp came to help :s

Also I agree with the music length so I am gonna pad it out by having the choppers coming to pick the men up, that way by the time you reach the LZ the music will have ended

In the init field of the leader put: this allowfleeing 0

And the soldiers that came in big numbers came NW of the village. If that's were the second objective is then yes, they came to help their NVA friends biggrin_o.gif Oh and i did receive a hint about a new objective btw.

OK they never did that with me :P

I have actually just about updated the new camp attack

I use a lot of templates that can be used many times so I just modifed an old one

Just need to update briefing etc smile_o.gif

sorry to DP chaps and sorry for the dleay but I needed to get the topic up again so people can see there is some news.

The aptly named Camp Attack 2 is now up for DL

Not much added really, more fixes for things that went wrong in the first mission and its not a final release yet so some things are not quite finished

There were clicky objective things if u get my meaning but I had to remove them as they were screwing up the briefing.

Also choppers now come to pick up the soldiers as opposed to simply starting in them.

Looks rather impressive smile_o.gif

As for the MGs tat the NVA have if the mission screws up, try it again it will work its just that sometimes the NVA AAAs make the choppers go haywire

doesnt happen often though

Anyway without furtherado let me present to you Camp Attack 2 smile_o.gif

(hey that rhymes smile_o.gif)

http://www.freewebs.com/lolomfgwtf/camp%20attack%202.ebeden_jungle.pbo

try again mate I think I fixed it

and thanks for that other link btw smile_o.gif

Just palyed it, good mission enjoyed it a lot.

Not a lot wrong, the mission title dosent show properly in the breifing book before the mission but other than that it played great!

nice job.

thanks very much smile_o.gif

I am working on some more vietnam addons but i would herald this release a success

Stay tuned for more vietnam missions in the future smile_o.gif

Lord

"Hello, my name's Julian and this is my friend Sandy."

Kenneth Williams, Around the Horn.

Now that's a camp attack.

The-Architect please try to add something ontopic as well if you wish to make a joke, then you don't get whinged at for spamming wink_o.gif