Sign in to follow this  
franze

Franze & NodUnit Present...

Jaguar makes a good point, and one which I had been aiming for all along: if you aren't a big helicopter fan or don't want a CAS aircraft with features you aren't going to use, then MPIV's AH-64 is what you use. This is why when folks suggested we should have merged our efforts several months ago, I refused. With 2-4 AH-64 packages out there, the player can choose which one he or she likes the best. Does our AH-64 have issues? Of course! Is it the best ever helicopter made for OFP? Doubt it. Is it better/worse than MPIV's AH-64? That depends on what you're looking for.

If there's something you don't like about one package, there's always another one out there to try. The reality of things is that this AH-64 package is very complex; MPIV's remains a very simple and understandable package to use. Some people like that, others don't.

Quote[/b] ]

I meant to say if you'd merge the MPIV cockpit with this model, you'd have the ultimate apache imo! The bright green MFD's look very nice both when viewing inside the cockpit from commander view, or when your actually flying the helo..

MPIV's MFDs are static and non-switchable. Our goal was to provide MFDs to provide various states of information. If you prefer to use MPIV's, thats entirely up to you.  smile_o.gif

couldnt you like give the MFD's a sort of greenish glow?

Like combining the colour and look and feel of the MPIV MFD's into the working MFD's on your bird?

And the cockpit does look a bit empty, I can be mistaken but when checking pictures the instruments are either placed together a bit closer or they are bigger, anyway I think you've forgotten some buttons and switches. Space inbetween instruments is a bit big... The MPIV has that sorted somehow the cockpit looks more real somehow.

I think its also got todo with the MFD's the look of the thing I mean, the buttons arround it and the frame its in...

Just commenting on this I think is still not 100% Im allready satisfied with the helo and am using it.

Quote[/b] ]

couldnt you like give the MFD's a sort of greenish glow?

How so? If we did that, we might end up with a MFD that's too fuzzy and hard to read. confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

And the cockpit does look a bit empty, I can be mistaken but when checking pictures the instruments are either placed together a bit closer or they are bigger, anyway I think you've forgotten some buttons and switches. Space inbetween instruments is a bit big... The MPIV has that sorted somehow the cockpit looks more real somehow.

AH-64D cockpit can look empty to the untrained eye. Most of the instrumentation was changed from the old analog style with tons of buttons and switches to the MFDs. As for MPIV's, I don't know what you mean.

Quote[/b] ]

I think its also got todo with the MFD's the look of the thing I mean, the buttons arround it and the frame its in...

Just commenting on this I think is still not 100% Im allready satisfied with the helo and am using it.

Don't forget that we also had to put a lot into just getting functionality into our MFDs. As I said before, if you prefer MPIV's version, use it. What we have here is done the way we think it should be done, same as anything else. I'm sorry that you don't like some parts of it, but that's the reality of things.

Currently AH-64D panels are only green when in dark area's,pilots/co pilot use it for night missions or in that sense of case. (in real life)

The Longbow's cockpits are much less "cramped" as compared to teh 64A's,no doubt to make it so the pilot and gunner would not have to look at so many guages whereas they can simply flick a button and there ya go,another difference between ours and MPIV's,ours is more 3D than texture.

I hate to add but the apache might not be receiving any updates for awhile,unless Franze gives it some updates then currently this is it,were both busy with different and many things,needless to say we have a few ground forces commin up.

Why are people moaning. You guys have put alot of time and effort into these baby's which i myself am very greatful. These choppers could have had five legs and i'd be happy. Love them to bits and aint gonna fault them cause i don't give a sh*t. They fly, they kill and crash like a b*itch. Excellent work you guys. Now whats next!

wink_o.gif

Now whats next!

wink_o.gif

Oh quite a few things,some helicopters,planes,artillery,tanks whistle.gif

Oh yeah I forgot about a black version,I'll try to mess with the textures (not garunteeing they'll be improved,just a black shade)

Its my birthday this saturday so i want them all finished and on my desk by 9.00am. Crikey i'm 36 and still playing flashpoint. I need a life! Seriouly keep up the good work you guys. Hope you finish them before i'm 37. Now where's my presents?

biggrin_o.gif

Hooo boy...all we can give ya is a black apache/longbow as the rest like ab-.............the rest arent finished or even textured (most not quite ready)

now i'm collecting good, right info for you... and 64s will again be in your #1 list... smile_o.gif you will see what i mean, when the link for downloading info will be sent to you icon_rolleyes.gif

oh boy... you are great addon makers, i think, you will be able to manage that info right... thumbs-up.gif

Not quite sure I understand what you are saying?

Link for downloading info? Eh what info?

info will contain 3 pdfs about AH-64 ... smile_o.gif

and xnodunit, you will find it very usefull for texturing and maybe franze will find it usefull for model upgrading... wink_o.gif

but i didn't saw any bugs on it, maybe he will see something... wink_o.gif

P.S. now i have 2 pdfs, third one is still on the way to me... biggrin_o.gif

so expect that info soon... smile_o.gif

Sounds good,could I by any chance get you to do some more info digging up for me? mostly for the OH-58D and UH-60 (not sure if were going with A or something more modern for the blackhawk just yet)

i will try... smile_o.gif m... i gave pdf about UH-60 earlyer to you or Franze... doesn't matter... hope to find something good for you... wink_o.gif

wich ones? smile_o.gif

i only sent pdf about UH-60, pdfs about AH-64 and OH-58 on their way... smile_o.gif (soon)

if you need them, ok... i will write you a PM

xnodunit,

sad that i can't find more pdfs about uh-60 and h-53(for FK)... sad_o.gif

but i found about OH-58 and downloading... smile_o.gif

and the last defence line is the internet...

but it will take more time...

a super duber uber mast mounted sight would be great for the Koiwa...

Like the BAS blackhawk Fastroping autohover, and then you could use the controls to go up or down a bit for terrain masking and then view stuff with the MMS.

Also I dont know if its possible that target data acquired by the koiwa is passed onto Apache's waiting in a attack group...

Otherwise the BIS model only needs new textures so to speak and your done....

New functions would be great!

BIS model retexture? ehehehe.......um...no.....this ones another made from scratch new model,for one the MMS is much more round than what you see on the current ones, the MMS on the kiowa can use laser targetting to show apache groups where the target is and such (atleast so far that we've seen in practice rounds) the kiowa will have the ability to load multiple weapons like the apache,4 hellfires,2 hellfires and 2 stingers, 2 hellfires and 7 rockets,14 rockets,4 stingers and a 50 cal and (some other 2 weapons) it can detect units even farther than the apache,its very fast and nimble,easy to flip if you aren't careful (which isnt much we can do about) the MMS zoom factor is even greater than the apache's as well,however she's still in early stages,I'm still "painting the sides" and I'm gonna be working on the cockpit soon after,I just need to get the upgrade from Franze again.

It does a great job hiding in the trees and scouting,it can attack but thats only recommended for experienced pilots as Franze says "A kick in the shin will blow this thing up" and thats true,its not very strong in armor,then again its not made to attack much.

a super duber uber mast mounted sight would be great for the Koiwa...

Already done. You can see things pretty well w/ MMS.

Quote[/b] ]

Like the BAS blackhawk Fastroping autohover, and then you could use the controls to go up or down a bit for terrain masking and then view stuff with the MMS.

That would be too dangerous, locked in one position, especially for a scout helicopter. Even if you are quick with the actions, you're still gonna lose time. As it is, the Kiowa is a pretty stable platform and theres really no need for such a script.

Quote[/b] ]

Also I dont know if its possible that target data acquired by the koiwa is passed onto Apache's waiting in a attack group...

Link the Kiowa to the Apache group. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Otherwise the BIS model only needs new textures so to speak and your done....

We made a new model for the Kiowa; the BIS one is ok, but we went on and made a fresh one anyways.

the eggshel MMS was gettin annoyin.

I received a alot of emails that people thought the apache was too clean,well once again these things go through alot of maintinence,the kiowa on the other hand....well as I'm looking at it now it looks like its seen some weathering and fighting,needless to say if your looking for a good clean one,your not gonna like it.

Most of the textures on the AH-64 are in paa format, not pac.

Pretty much,all saved as default paa's in paatool.

Whats the difference between the two anyway? I haven't quite come to understand it.

PAC can't have a transparency layer and are converted from GIF format. PAA can have transparency and is converted from TGA.