Sign in to follow this  
bigsouth1981

Grenades & Death Animations

Hi Im a new member here, this is my first post so bear with me please. As a soldier in the british army and an avid operation flashpoint fan (my favourite game of all time) i simply cannot wait for the release of Armed Assault and consequently OPF2. One thing I would love to see is either ragdoll physics, or a whole array of death animations so that you wouldnt see the same one too often. I cant wait till someone implements a realistic level of "wounding" in a game too. OPF was on the right track with the crawling, shaking hands if hit in the arms etc etc..., What do you guys think??

My last point is the way grenades are detonated. Im not particularly bothered in being able to cook a grenade before throwing it, but adding a feature where the grenade will actually bounce along the floor without going off, as appose to OPF wehre the grenades detonated on immeidiate contact with the ground/ building etc etc.

It would also be nice to be able to use a short throw, for FIBUA operations, so you could post grenades through windows instead of having to throw a haymaker!!!!.

Just my pennies worth anyway,

Nice to meet you all.

I havent played OPF in a good while so I didnt even realise the grenade packs had been released!, Thanks anyway mate

Colonel Klink, are you the same guy who used to post on the Brothers in Arms forums? (I do realise its a popular name by the way....lol!!!wink_o.gif

Its a credit to OPF that four years on the online community is still thriving, a truely remarkable game.

The new ECP is what you need for a lot of new effects. Unfortunately doesn't include ragdoll, but has plenty of blood and explosions, and bouncing nades

ECP Official D/L Page

Hey, stop trying to steal people from using my addons crazy_o.gif

The new ECP is what you need for a lot of new effects. Unfortunately doesn't include ragdoll, but has plenty of blood and explosions, and bouncing nades

ECP Official D/L Page

Hey, stop trying to steal people from using my addons  crazy_o.gif

lol. Stop being touchy smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Kyle has indeed made a good nade addon and if you don't want to to d/l 130meg ECP or want other sfx then I would highly reccoment Kyle's Nade addon .. See Kyle rofl.gif

I cant wait till someone implements a realistic level of "wounding" in a game too. OPF was on the right track with the crawling, shaking hands if hit in the arms etc etc..., What do you guys think??

Just my pennies worth anyway..

..Nice to meet you all.

I totally agree with this idea.

Once some guys called me names cause i wanted such realism in OFP2*.

They even told me to go play Doom and those other crappy games cause OFP shouldnt have such violence and realism.

Once again: <span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>ArmA and OFP2* Should not be ment for kids!</span> <span style='color:blue'>I vote Realistic wounds too!</span>

ps- I dont want "Gore", just realism. Sometimes wounds can be violent to sight

As it says in the pinned thread, no requests/suggestions, save those for the next gen game (although 99% of things have already been suggested so search first).