Sign in to follow this  
caz

russians out-gunned ?

i always thought the balance lay with america having the better technoligy to combat the soviet numbers

if so....should multiplay games have more units for the soviets and reduce their weapons so they dont have the likes of AT etc

just a thought smile.gif

Yea. thats kinda true..

US: hightech extreamley lethal weapons,

USSR: very reliable though somewhat outdated weapons in vast numbers...

though the T-80 scored very low on reliability of its computer systems and aiming.. but I blame lack of funding for that, not the design..

the USSR has never believed that it would win a war with the US by being better equipped or more advanced, their plan has always been to just overwhelm with numbers.. saem goes for china...

so in actuallity YES it seems that in a NORMAL battle USSR forces sould outnumber the 'NATO' forces..

Yeah add more guns for the ruskies without lowering their stats

Gonna be so sweet!!!

3 T80s vs 1 Abrams

2 Hinds vs 1 Cobra

3 BMPs vs 1 APC

lol biggrin.gif

I think the Americans have tipped the balance slightly.

The russians need an extra attack helicopter. My suggestion would be the Mi-28 Havoc.

The BRDM should have a turret MG also. But then again, so should the Humvee.

Lets not go to far here. The T80 is still a tough tank. The russians have put many units that in my opinion are superior to their western counterparts. At least in OFP this is evident. One example would be the shilka. It seems to have the same amount of power as the vulcan, but its got a helluva lot more armor. The Mi17 is a great transport that has 192 rockets!!! The damn thing can lay a barrage that is hell like. To get to my point. If you have Western units greatly outnumbered you need to make their advantages evident. Also some units are relatively equivalent or better and this should be taken into a account.

dude I tested all most all the tanks and weapons.I found that both sides are well balanced.

the Russians-have alot of variety of tank AA tanks like the shilka.The amercians said has power tanks but not alot of them.The abrams I tested could withstand several cannon shots from tanks!

but its useless shooting airplanes.

soo in conclusion the russians have more variety of weapons and tanks ,planes.They have more fire power but less armour the shilka could be shoot down very easilly by one shoot from the abrams.

If we have very skilled russians maybe we could beat an abrams. I'm russian myself...

What I find is that its off to the AH1s. biggrin.gif If not them then I love to take an M1A1 out and park it near enemy cities. If out of tanks then I just grab a LAW and wait out in the bushes for some nice soft or even hard targets.

shilka is my favortie tank!

I wiped out millions of soldiers with that its like a ray fun any soldier in its path is dead! ahhahahahahah! I'm unstopable!

im welsh but i always prefer laying as the russians,simply because they seem to have the best weapons,their mor efun to use,and they are by far the least annoying country especially when compared to the bloody americans,no offence,but when american tourists to wales always call everything quaint?!!! quaint?!!what the hell is quaint!?

I always play as the americans. Always. I have a hate for the bmp that has spoiled my liking of any soviet weapon. This made it very hard for me in red hammer, id always take american weapons whenever i could get them.

the BMP series is a nice collection of armour

They even have a escape hatch(I heard, not confirmed) on the bottom to escape if the main door is jammed or they want a sneak attack! smile.gif

BMP1 and M113 are same in the game. IRL a 5.56 round can pierce the armour of a m113 but in the game, even a 7,62 round cant. confused.gif

To improve the balance of the game, they have both same kind of armor.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Fenix83 @ Jan. 17 2002,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BMP1 and M113 are same in the game. IRL a 5.56 round can pierce the armour of a m113 but in the game, even a 7,62 round cant. confused.gif

To improve the balance of the game, they have both same kind of armor.<span id='postcolor'>

Theres no way in firery hell thats right. The bmp is unblanced because it has the turret which can destroy the m113 in one shot, the .50 on the m113 SHOULD be able to pierce the bmp's armour but alas, no. Its alright though, the americans have superior tanks later on, so that balances it out.

5.56x45 can NOT penetrate the M113. .308 steel core AP goes right through it though, as does it's Russian 7.62x54R counterpart.

Guest Scooby

Even more powerfull Russian 12.7mm round will not penetrate BMP from frontal serctor. From sides and rear it should go through but not from front.

Sorry i couldnt post on this thread earlier, my connection keeps dropping out. I wasnt disagreeing with you on the m113's armour, i thought you were talking about the strength of the bmp's armour, which should be in the game about as strong as a wet paper bag.

Maybe if the hind didnt turn like crap it would be a little more balanced. And i use a joystick (yes it has twist) and i could probably do circles around a hind with an AH-1 while the hind was in its sharpest possible turn.

Bloody heck the russian missle launcher sucks ass, takes 3 shots to take out a T-80, where as the LAW can do it in two (or was it the T-72)confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

dude!

rocket perpelled grenades own the whole game!

I was testing a mission where you shoot down choppers I tryed the american AA and it didn't kill the chopper.I tryed the russian RPG and it blown the chopper in mid air with one shot.

Yet another reason why zoom mode needs to be take away from the LAW and the RPG