Sign in to follow this  
moerty

sidearms?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The pistol issued could be based on your position. Like a tank commander in theory could get a Desert Eagle. Chopper pilots a beretta. Officers and Machine gunners a .45. Spec ops a silenced pistol. That would be nice, also a normal soldier could pick them off the dead or from some special crates. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hardly any military uses the Desert Eagle simply because its all show. Its inacurate, and unreliable, a friend of my dads' who happens to be a gun dealer said that the Desert Eagle is the gun he get most offen to be repaired cuzz it breaks offen. the standard side arm for todays militaries is usaully something like the Glock .45, M-9, Sig Sauer .45 or Beretta

but never the less i would mind having a Desert Eagle .50 just for show

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Glock .45, M-9, Sig Sauer .45 or Beretta<span id='postcolor'>

The M9 IS the Beretta....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Jan. 19 2002,06:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hardly any military uses the Desert Eagle simply because its all show. Its inacurate, and unreliable, a friend of my dads' who happens to be a gun dealer said that the Desert Eagle is the gun he get most offen to be repaired cuzz it breaks offen. the standard side arm for todays militaries is usaully something like the Glock .45, M-9, Sig Sauer .45 or Beretta

but never the less i would mind having a Desert Eagle .50 just for show<span id='postcolor'>

The Desert Eagle is anything but innaccurate. Its main purpose is target shooting and some light hunting. Some people might find it un-relaible becuase they might not realize the first time they use it, that the magazine is free floating. You cannot put pressure on the bottom of the mag or it will jam. I have not heard from anyone that the D.E. is unrelaible or easy to break, maybe its a fluke, or it might be the fact that the gun uses gas to operate the action and there fore might be weaker since it is more complicated.

Also, the standard pistol round for most militaries around the world is the 9x19 NATO round, not the .45 ACP. The States introduced the 9mm round along with the Berretta 92-FS in 1985.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Guest @ Jan. 17 2002,02:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it's already been said that this is impossible to implement - shooting from a vehicle.<span id='postcolor'>

Gotta be some way to do it, for example we can shoot vehicle weapons out, why not make the turned out position use player weapons instead... just like another turret but no weapon assigned to it by vehicle...

But anyway running out of ammo aint a prob but in a close range gun battle think of the number of times you would have rather 0.5 of a sec to run out that side arm and shootback than stay unarmed for 1-2 secs... biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hardly any military uses the Desert Eagle simply because its all show. Its inacurate, and unreliable, a friend of my dads' who happens to be a gun dealer said that the Desert Eagle is the gun he get most offen to be repaired cuzz it breaks offen. the standard side arm for todays militaries is usaully something like the Glock .45, M-9, Sig Sauer .45 or Beretta

but never the less i would mind having a Desert Eagle .50 just for show<span id='postcolor'>

The Desert Eagle is anything but innaccurate. Its main purpose is target shooting and some light hunting. Some people might find it un-relaible becuase they might not realize the first time they use it, that the magazine is free floating. You cannot put pressure on the bottom of the mag or it will jam. I have not heard from anyone that the D.E. is unrelaible or easy to break, maybe its a fluke, or it might be the fact that the gun uses gas to operate the action and there fore might be weaker since it is more complicated.

Also, the standard pistol round for most militaries around the world is the 9x19 NATO round, not the .45 ACP. The States introduced the 9mm round along with the Berretta 92-FS in 1985.

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

well i heard from my brother and sister that when they fired one you couldnt the broad side of a barn but when i think of it the problem with the clip you described does kinda make sense but those things cost a arm and a let, almost 2 grand for one

Pistols should be added for the following:

Aircraft crew (get rid of the M177)

Officers

Spec ops type troops

The spec ops troops would get a silenced or silencer for their pistol. I could also see resistance using a pistol, since they would be short on arms. Pilots should only have a pistol, cockpits are cramped enough, no where to put a SMG.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blink Dog @ Jan. 19 2002,15:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pistols should be added for the following:

Aircraft crew (get rid of the M177)

Officers

Spec ops type troops<span id='postcolor'>

The XM-177S is my favorite gun... smile.gif