Sign in to follow this  
-=RA=- DarkMan -Pvt-

A couple of easy questions!

Hi everyone!

Couple of quick questions....

How can I adjust mission success parameters? for example I would like mine to have been won when a specific enemy soldier has been neutralised and some choppers blown up...Any ideas guys?

How can you lengthen the time between waypoints used by AI units...ie add a delay before the next action is carried out?

Finally, how can you make units like SpetNatz use their satchel charges to blow stuff up?

Look forward to hearing from you!

DarkMan

Ok, for the mission parameters, you can do the following. You have to make a trigger of map size (just put 9999999 in the size field), and then you select End #1, End #2 etc etc. For each end you have to specify when it occurs. For instance, make a trigger with End #3, and in the activation field type the code for unit x destroyed. Do the same thing, with End # 7, and type into the init field unit x has gone to place y etc. etc. Get the idea? As for the rest, you have to hope that snake or someone else good at this comes by. Hope this can get you started though smile.gif

A trigger that ends the mission when <unitName> is dead, could look like this:

a: 0

b: 0

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Don't need to cover an area, because it will be triggered when a custom specified action occur</span>

Type: End #n

Condition: !alive <unitName>

This will end the mission at the time when <unitName> is killed (exchange <unitName> for the name of the unit). The you could add som delay with the use of the 'time controllers' (sayes CountDown in the editor, but can also be set to TimeOut).

You also use these time controllers in waypoints, for delaying the time untill the unit/units proceeds to the next waypoint.

To have an soldier equiped with satchel charges to lay one add, the following into the waypoint's onActivation field, at which the unit should plant the bomb:

<unitName> fire["Put", "Pipebomb"]

And then, at another waypoint, you could have:

<unitName> action["TouchOff"]