Sign in to follow this  
EddiePrice

Operation in Progress...Please Wait

Hey guys

I've been working on some units and the framerate and everything has been fine up until yesterday, but since then everytime I select a face, or an object, or try to move it, freehand transform, or do anything, I get a stupid loading bar that says "Operation in Progress...Please Wait".

I have been aware of this message while the file is loading, but it is making it impossible to get anything done because it takes so long to load. I have no idea why it's started doing this as it was working fine the day before yesterday, but now its FUBAR.

Any suggestions?

Hi. Welcome to the wonderful world of O2 smile_o.gif. This message box and its accompanying annoying progress bar is common with O2 when your computer hasn't enough memory resources to complete a task quickly.

I find that when this gets too bad I have to close O2 and reboot my computer.

Now some possible causes:

Another app running in the background.

Model has too many faces.

Model has too many vertexes.

Model has too many objects.

Now if you are working on a complex model and this happens, try closing that model and create or load a simple one. Select faces/points as before and see if the annoying message box appears.

I think you will possibly find that one or some of the three last possibities above are the cause of the problem..

Usually when this starts to happen for me a number of things take place. 1. I start cursing the computer..2. I curse the application (O2), 3. Things start flying.. mouse.. keyboard.. you get the picture. biggrin_o.gif