Sign in to follow this  
ramboofp

what is the more simple modeling software?

The more I play with Wings it seems like it'd be nice for making some buildings and objects, but that O2 is better for weapons and people.  Using a texture as a blueprint in O2 is really nice for noobs like me, I don't think you can do that in Wings (prove me wrong if I am biggrin_o.gif).

The more I play with Wings it seems like it'd be nice for making some buildings and objects, but that O2 is better for weapons and people. Using a texture as a blueprint in O2 is really nice for noobs like me, I don't think you can do that in Wings (prove me wrong if I am biggrin_o.gif).

texture is very simple too and advenced with UVmap fonction

i will make a tutorial later out of time

wing is realy good for weapon,veihcle,boat,aircraft,buildings too

but.....

for the people i dont known i never modeled a men :/

i think that u need a basic model

I can't imagine making a weapon in Wings. Seems impossible to me, but I haven't spent much time with it. Maybe I'm just not good enough. O2 seems to still be best overall.

Really, the "best" 3D modeling program is the one you know best.. 3DSM is industry standard, but I can't make anything in it, so for me, it's useless (I have to get around to learing that one day..)

Where as O2, for big film special effecty people, it totaly uselss..

Personaly, I like O2 for things like weapons, and things that dont have lots of contents (I find editing insides of stuff likebuildings hard in o2), and Rhino3D for buildings, and I use 3DSM or Anim8or for importing stuff (Quite a few programs, including Rhino, make 3DS files that O2 doesn't like, Anim8or fixes these, and 3DSM makes ones that import okay tounge_o.gif)

But, I'm going to have a look at Wings3D, after seeing that boat you made, tried modeling a boat in Rhino.. crazy_o.gif

- Ben

For me its 3ds max for all what i do. But if i only make simple things for flashpoint than its o2. I think it depents on what you would like to do and wich technique you would like to use. I see big problems in the missing UVmap map function in o2 light. Sure you can model a lowpoly human in o2 but making good maps seems to impossible. Best example are lasers soldier all parts are cylinders or similar objects or other simple goemetries these can be mapped, but what is if this soldier is one geometrie where all parts are connected together like the bis resistence humans how would you map them ? But on the other side all what you do in o2 can be directly viewed in the game engine and what you see is exactly the same you see in the game. And i think o2 is more than only a modelling programm. For real modelling i think its useless. I begann to modelling weapons and than i go to the mapping part and was very frustrated, how the hell i can map my modells in o2 without using gizmo and planer maps ? The only way was exporting and do it in other programms. Why i dont start in other programms must it realy be o2. At the end i only use these planner and gizmos.

Zbrush is a realy cool tool you can make models in brushing them with very impresive deteils and making normalmaps with these deteils and aplaying them on lowpoly models. 3ds max can handle normalmaps too or render them. But the best is in you can view dx9 shaders in max in realtime with hdr support.

for me its max what is the best,.. Character animation, lighning effects,. normalmaps,.. dx support,.. unwrapping etx.

and sorry for that bad english confused_o.gif .

Z-Brush is very nice, but fairly useless for OFP wink_o.gif