Sign in to follow this  
mr blonde

windows xp

hi guys,

ive installed windows xp on my pc and it has done something weird to opf.....the game loads up and the flash screens are ok but when i get to the menu bit(campaign,mission,multi player etc) the graphics are all white/grey....no real shapes that i can make out as the camera pans round....same when i start the game...just a white/grey screen!!!!

i went to the windows site and downloaded the 3dfx update but its still the same....any ideas

cheers

david

This seems to be the same problem. You might want to search for similar problems.

You mention 3dfx so am I to assume you have a Voodoo card? If so XP's native drivers have no 3d support, you need to download and install the latest user made 3dfx XP drivers...

Unfortunately I deleted all my 3dfx bookmarks as I no longer have a Voodoo card, Snake may have the link hopefully smile.gif

EDIT: Ok I found one link so far, this is a forum for peeps using 3dfx cards in XP http://go.to/3dfxp

Oh hush wink.gif XP is a damn fine OS, I've been using it for quite a while now and I love it smile.gif

I knew Snake would turn up eventually wink.gif

yeah yeah biggrin.gif

And I would also like to point out that XP is a great OS, IMO, the best one available.

XP is straight out of hell with all those big buttons and all the incompatibility issues. In ten years we're going to have Windows XP 2012 that has buttons the size of 1000x1000 and they say "Click here to start you dumbass!".

There are two different 'looks' available in XP. One, being the new XP flashy thingy. The otherone, being the oldschool look of windows.

Oh and also... you can change the size of the buttons,, infact... you can change most things...

Yes but can't change the incompatibility. As a default it's On and can't be turned off.

Incompatible with what? I have no problems smile.gif

LOL,, I see smile.gif

But if you're using an older version of windows,, you shouldn't hesitate to upgrade to XP. It's superb smile.gif