Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

Sanctuary's Animation pack 1.7

All, Hail Sanctuary. Let's add him and Locke to the Pantheon of OFP Modders!

Quote[/b] ]First one: Is it possible to move the hands back toward the wrist a little so they don't, well, "break" off. Let me give you an example - When you're standing and aiming, and you look down on your right hand at the trigger guard, you can clearly see it isn't attached to the wrist/sleeve. This happens on a few other animations. I've seen this before so I recon it's something that's difficult to fix, so maybe I should just ask if you could look into anything to mediate it. Alright, that was the first one.

the problem is the one :

Preview in OFPAnim

n15lk.jpg

Result ingame

snap8083re.jpg

That is what it is difficult to have exactly what you want ingame, as in OFPAnim it looks "normal" and ingame position/torsions can be different.

If OFPAnim had the same kind of ingame preview as Oxygen, it would be certainly a lot easier.

Quote[/b] ]Second one: Well, this actually isn't a question, it's more of an observation: In my opinion, the RPG / launcher animations are only fit for the Strela and AT weapons, not for RPGs and LAWs, which are used much more often...

In the config the same animation is played for all kind of launchers, so you can't do anything about that in a replacement pack.

To have different animations for each weapons is not possible, unless Locke find a trick in his config works.

Quote[/b] ]Sounds like the 'small' alteration i had in mind will require a lot of work and, since i havn't the first clue about animation, don't know where to start.

I suggest you to start with the tutorial linked in my signature, it is what got me started with animations making

Quote[/b] ]

You say that ofpanim is very limited. Would i be better off using 3D Studio Max and then porting them back to ofpanim?

When you want to make static animations, OFPAnim is great and you don't need anyhting more.

The problem is for complex animations (the one you need to make several frames) , as it is not possible to import a frame from an animation to another animations, it is making simple tweaking of a complex animation a real hell when you want to keep interpolation with each others.

A Maya plugin has been released for animations somewhere on this forum , and i guess Maya has every features you need to create complex animations without touching to OFPAnim.

I don't know about the possibilities of import/export between 3D studio max and OFPAnim , but Maya should do the trick.

Sanctuary, how (if possible) can I replace the AT anims in the DTA/Anims.pbo with all of the new AT anims? I only ask because I have a script that uses the default AT animation and its playing the old one and not the new one (because of your config trick).

The AT animations are in the Anim.pbo , if you have replaced the default BIS one (in ...\Res\Dta\ ) with this 1.7 pack, you can't see the old AT animations

If you have placed the Anim.pbo of this 1.7 pack in a ..\ModFolderName\Dta\ , you can't see the old AT animation if you launch OFP with this mod activated.

I really don't understand how you can continue to see the old AT animations if you are using the 1.7 animation pack.

Where have you placed the Anim.pbo and what your OFP shortcut is looking like ?

And i don't understand the config trick you are talking about, there is no config trick in this animation pack 1.7.

Heh, Im sorry, nvm. My fault, I confused myself. Sorry. Anyways good job, but I have several questions.

1. What happened to the lean? sad_o.gif I can't find your leaning anims anywhere

2. I saw crouching walking anim somewhere, but what/where is it? Sorry I was gone for a while and havn't been up to date with all this.

The leaning animations are there

The crouching animation is there (but scroll down until the post with screenshot, as there is on the same page earlier test version of it)

But i suggest you to give a look to Locke@Germany mod that allow using those and more without forcing the user to go in the trouble to modify a config himself.

and certainly in future betas more will come in his mod.

Sanctuary (or anyone else), could you post a list of all the additional addon animations that arent in the first 3 packs, like the leaning and crouch animations? I want to be sure ive gotten everything.

Thanks smile_o.gif

I have a question. Is it feasible at all when using the Patrol Pack to use the Handgun Pack safe mode anims for units in safe mode which are only carrying handguns, and retain the Patrol Pack safe mode anims for units in safe mode which are carrying SMGs and ARs? Thanks.

Yea I was wondering if you could use the config to do that? Like, change the coding that makes handgun safe and primary weapon safe use the same anim? It kinda looks stupid when guys who appear unarmed have their hands out like they are holding an invisible weapon crazy_o.gif

Maybe it is possible with a config work, but my answer to "how ?" and "it is really possible ?" is unfortunately "i don't know".

Quote[/b] ]Sanctuary (or anyone else), could you post a list of all the additional addon animations that arent in the first 3 packs, like the leaning and crouch animations? I want to be sure ive gotten everything.

You want a list of animations that are not in the packs ?

Well, how about looking at the sharing animation thread and at the Lock@Germany mod thread too ?

Then you can search the forum for the Dreamy Knight pack , the Wilco pack and the Hunter pack if you want to find all the animations that are not in the packs.

Oh, and check the Unified Animation pack that contain other additional animations too.

After that, maybe you will have them all finally.

Maybe it is possible with a config work, but my answer to "how ?" and "it is really possible ?"  is unfortunately "i don't know".

Well, im sure if you look through the configs for all the animations, you might figure out something, but I guess thats quite a bit of work, right? Well, if you don't do it I guess someone will eventualy... hey, maybe ill look through them... but not now.

Or maybe you can try to help Locke@Germany , as introducing new additional animations with some config modifications is the purpose of his mod, and i guess he can use some more help.

Quote[/b] ] I meant the optional animations that youve done that arent included in the base packs.

In that case, all i released can be found in the sharing animation thread.I do not keep a history about that, so you will have to search, like me when i want to see what i released earlier.

Some more not in this thread will be found eventually in Locke@Germany animation mod.