Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ti0n3r

Graphic Fix?

The worst thing about OFP right now is that it's optimized to run on a P350mhz. (at least it feels like it).

We've reached a point were upgrading your computer has no or almost no results regarding performance. This is really bad.

The best boost to the OFP community at this point would be to update the engine so it can handle high-poly stuf better and is optimized for modern PC's. Unfortunately this would almost turn it into VBS, so this is never going to happen  sad_o.gif

This is the best thing a new patch could bring -- although I got the feeling 1.96 was the last patch..??

They're not to blame, how could they have predicted this game would've still been going strong after 4 years....

Did 3Ghz++ Pentium 4's and Series 6 Geforce cards exist back then......NO.....so how could they optimise for them..??

Still a performance enchancing patch would be welcomed  biggrin_o.gif  ( as long as it wouldn't detract from OpFlash 2 )

As we have to wait one more year, before OFP2 will be released, a patch would be very welcome. I would like to see a patch called 1.96+ that give`s us an improved engine. unclesam.gif

But I´m afraid we won`t get an patch like that for OFP1, so we have to wait for OFP2. blues.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
The level of detail is far lower, and the main thing - the resolution is TINY compared to the PC version.

Just turn upp the reslution then rock.gif

btw; No, Im not mad

...you are mad! wink_o.gif

Most TVs arent like monitors... you can't just turn the resolution up.. it doesnt work like that.

TVs have crappy resolutions and refresh rates , they make your head ache anyway if you stare at it for long sessions. I know i have a TV hooked up to my PC and when i played OFP at it , it gives me a headache, firstly the resolution is low and hard to see/read stuff then the refresh rates perhaps is low so that causes major headaches.

I have a Sony 14" in my room its no LCD so i dont have any idea what LCD tvs are like. The other 25" we have is a Sony as well but all of those are fat assed ones (CRT do you call them CRT as well?).

Guest Ti0n3r
Most TVs arent like monitors... you can't just turn the resolution up.. it doesnt work like that.

I know that. But on a PC monitor you can turn up reslution! tounge_o.gif

Can't beat playing on a "proper" monitor IMO

Be it CRT or LCD ( 17" like mine )

Low refresh rates ( 60Hz ) would give me a headache...as would the fairly low resolution that most cards TV-OUT function can do of 1024x768.... ( 1280x1024 @ 72Hz is the min for me smile_o.gif )