Sign in to follow this  
XEkushNR

Unable to play MP

When I try to join an MP game (doesn't matter if GameSpy or direct IP) it gets into the game like it should, but after the "Creating Client..." message the game crashes to Windows.  I e-mailed TechSupport about this and they told me it was a WinME problem, but I'm not really satisfied with that so I decided to post here and hear what you guys have to say.   I would e-mail TechSupport back and ask for more details, but since it took em so long to respond in the first place I'm not gonna bother.  Help please!

System Stats:

Windows MilleniumEdition

1 Ghz PIII

256 MB RAM

ATI Radeon 32mb PCI Accelerator (just updated driver)

34.5 Gig HD with 14.2 Gigs free

1024x768 Res

32 bit GFX

No HW T&L

same thing happened to me, so i reinstalled(i moved my mpmissions folder before reinstalling) and it worked fine. but when i put my mpmissions back, same thing happened and i had to reinstall again, i still ahvent put them back and everything seems to be working..... have you tried this?

Don't know if this will help or not, but I get an error message when I try to start a dedicated server with OFP_Server.exe. Since I can't play MP anyway, I figure these two are related. Anyways, this is the error message:

No entry 'resource.bin::RscInGameUI::RscHint::Background.size'.

Anyone have any ideas?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't know if this will help or not, but I get an error message when I try to start a dedicated server with OFP_Server.exe.  Since I can't play MP anyway, I figure these two are related.  Anyways, this is the error message:

No entry 'resource.bin::RscInGameUI::RscHint::Background.size'.

Anyone have any ideas?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, that was a bug in V1.40 of the dedicated server, and unfortunately, there is no work-around.

The bug is fixed in V1.41 -- download it from HERE

in the OPERATIONFLASHPOINT directory, mine is C:\program files\codemasters\operationflashpoint\MPMissions

well i was having the same problem as Brentk so i just deleted my mpmissions folder. lo and behold - i connected.

I tried moving it and it still didn't work, so I deleted it but it still doesnt work. WHY GOD WHY? I can only imagine how f*ckin sweet it would be to lead an armored assault with friends instead of AI...

I have the problem but I will delete my mpmission map to see if that works.

Ok so I delete my Mpmission map and joined a game but the same problem came back.

Still nothing happens @ "creating client"

No I am jusing Win 98 Se and Win XP Proffesnial both give the same problem sad.gif

jedi, are you from the US or somewhere else? I can help you on ICQ but i gotta know when you're are on.

No I live in the Netherlands (+1 GMT)

You already have my ICQ when I see you online I will say something smile.gif

Ok it is not an issue of WinME, or any OS. Ok a few things, do you have the newst version? If not well it came out like last week. Also make sure (if you do have one) your firewall is told to let it run. I know every time I patch OFP I have to tell my firewall to let it run. If I don't I crash. There are also special protocalls such to allow in the firewall ex says TCP/IP. If you don't have DX8.1 go ahead and d/l it. While you are at it update your 3d card drivers.... LOL I don't have complete details of your problem so I am spitting out a ton of ways it can be fixed... Last go to config, set as default... Reconfig can help... That LAST thing to ever do is re-install OFP.... :+) If needed feel free ICQ 63230961 or email DESTROYER@game-developer.com

I just replied to Marshmanguy on this page who has the same problems as us. I have tried almost everything except moving the mpmissions folder...I'll give that a go but I'm not holding my breath. As I suggested to Marshmanguy..if more people with this problem emailed Codemaster's tech help site asking for help they might actually do something about it as it's obviously quite widespread. They told me to uninstall/run scandisk/defrag/reinstall etc but NOTHING HAS WORKED! I'm getting so frustrated as I was really looking forward to playing online.

Aaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! mad.gif

Same here, BIS told me to install 1.40 and that's it, but I already had installed 1.40 and I wrote that in my mail.

Before 1.30 I could join internet servers but after 1.30 not anymore, so what did they change in 1.30?

Hello,

I had the same probs and the solution for was NO ICS!!!

Somehow OFP doesn´t like the Internet Connection Sharing of win98SE and XP. The server of the network has no problems but the clients do.

Try using ´Sygate home/office network´ or ´Winroute lite/pro´ for instance.

But then again i don´t know if you are on a NAT but if you are try this!!

Greetz. biggrin.gif