Sign in to follow this  
LauryThorn

New mission: "Tyrone must fall"

Hi!

Here's my little mission. You are a russian squad leader, and your platoon, with T-80's as fire support, has been assigned for taking Tyrone. After Tyrone, your squad moves on for a patrol. Vulcans north of Meaux shoot down our planes and choppers and therefore make any major operations impossible. They must be destroyed.

Features:

- intro

- outro

- works on a low-spec computer: developed on a PIII with 256MB of memory.

This is sort of beta release and I would appreciate any input, like

- typos and bad english

- bugs

- things that you like

- things that suck

- unrealism

- is it too easy or too hard?

Download the mission here.

Required addons

- standard addons like Steyr, BDRM, MM-1 and 6G-30

- Kegety's editor addon (included in the zip file)

(Just now I heard that Kegety's object files are not recommended, I will remove them from the next version if possible. Is there an alternative addon that would provide the same objects?)

Afaik, there are two other editor upgrades - Editor Upgrade by General Barron (Editor's Edition v2.2) and the latest one from MapFact.net - MAP_Editorupdate Addon V.1.01 by Aron.

I edited the mission a little bit, now it doesn't need the 'objects1.pbo'. Just the Kegety's editor upgrade thing. smile_o.gif

Well, the intro looked good - my only points are to add some music and pick a Russian voice rather than the english "go go go!"

Breifing is solidly done, but I checked the gear tab and to my surprise I'm a lone soldier armed with an M16...

Sure enough, the mission starts and I'm an American soldier standing in Tyrone crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

I'll de-pbo it and play it later tonight.

Oh damn, I screwed up. Really embarrassing. crazy_o.gif Sorry. Anyway ,the file is now fixed..