Sign in to follow this  
JdB

O2 acting strange

I am working on a Mosin Nagant M38 rifle for Invasion 44, and I have run into a rather irritating problem.

When I had made the magazine, front part of the barrel and the trigger, I suddenly lost the ability to rescale the entire lod (selecting everything and choosing ''Points - Transform 3D - Scale''), but when I do this my model vanishes into thin air crazy_o.gif

I can resize individual parts, however when I need to resize all of the parts individually it will take me ages, considering that I resize the entire LOD when I need to model alot of little details (to make it easier to distinguish individual poly's). I rescale it alot, like over 200 times during construction of a model.

I need help, I have tried copying the model to a new .p3d file, and then saving that, but it only helps for one rescale, I can rescale the model, but the next time I rescale it, it disappears again sad_o.gif

I have also tried restarting both O2 and my pc.

I hope someone can help me. I've asked the I44 team, and various addonmakers and none had a clue as to what could be causing this problem sad_o.gif

Thanks

Lt HuNTeR

P.S. After some troubleshooting I have found out that I can't use Ctrl+A, but I can select the whole LOD by dragging my mouse over all components. I want to use Ctrl+A though as it's much faster sad_o.gif

P.P.S I have tested with other models. The problem did not happen with those. I have searched the Mosin model to see if there where any problems with i.e. the lightning, but nothing seemed out of the ordinary sad_o.gif

The only hint I can give:

I have lost parts when I am zoomed in too far,try making sure all your O2 windows are zoomed out,displaying the whole model

To me it happens very often that I zoom in to far with the mouse and can't zoom out anymore, but I found a solution for it. Select 'Zoom' on the tool bar and draw a simple rectangle on the concerned window, then press 'Spacebar' to center to pin. Then everything should be fine again.

Another thing that I can think of is to check your scale step under options. Maybe it's set too high.

Restarting o2 often helps for me, too.

Quote[/b] ]I have lost parts when I am zoomed in too far,try making sure all your O2 windows are zoomed out,displaying the whole model

I have been using O2 for over a year....I'm not a total n00b you know wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Another thing that I can think of is to check your scale step under options. Maybe it's set too high.

It's the same ''installation'' as when I started modelling....it can't transform itself can it? wink_o.gif

I've tried rescaling when zoomed out as far as I could be bothered, and zoomed in as far as possible. Then I restarted O2 and looked at the default viewpoints, and still the model disappeared... sad_o.gif

It's not so much a problem that the model disappears, but that it seems to be connected to using the Ctrl+A shortcut. I can still select + rescale the model by dragging across all of the parts, but Ctrl + A and then rescaling makes the model disappear sad_o.gif