Sign in to follow this  
INVISO

ONTOS M50

I keep in store a camo (Based on the MultiCam pattern) version of this baby. Tell me what you think...

picture12.jpg

picture13.jpg

Thank you Blink Dog. Always appreciated. BTW, something new with Operation Northstar?

hey! i just found that topic here, and i must say: great work on model and on the textures! keep that lil baby comin' mate!

Thank you Metalmalte. Don't worry... she'll hit the dirt soon.

Indeed Hellfish6. For the first release, following many requests and suggestions, I will make the 'nam version, a resistance (mostly with the multicam pattern), and a wrecked one.

And KyleSarnik, don't worry. My czech is improving (haha). I'm just figuring out some LOD and stuff. I notice flat boxes for the headlights and backlight. Do I have to make the textures, or are they OFP generated?

Sigma and I are putting some things together and I have uploaded the island we were going to use for the origional campaign, Slavonia, just waiting for the crew at ofp.info there to post it.

Indeed Hellfish6. For the first release, following many requests and suggestions, I will make the 'nam version, a resistance (mostly with the multicam pattern), and a wrecked one.

And KyleSarnik, don't worry. My czech is improving (haha). I'm just figuring out some LOD and stuff. I notice flat boxes for the headlights and backlight. Do I have to make the textures, or are they OFP generated?

For the headlights, the textures for them are in the data.pbo, just use those textures, and yes they have to be applied to the model, and then named properly.

I'm totally with Blink on this. . . that is an amazing Ontos. Yikes.

KyleSarnik... I'm back on it tonight. Don't worry, I will put your name on a texture! Hehe

Allright  biggrin_o.gif , btw, I was thinking, how about making a static recoilless rifle, like this one:

http://www.lebaneseforces.com/images/weapons/Recoiless-box-3.5x2.5.jpg

That would be a really cool addition, and I could config it and stuff.

Edit: Woah found this really cool site: http://ontos.homestead.com/main.html

Check it out man   biggrin_o.gif

I didn't see any stait M40's, just one mounted on a "MARV". But still a static one using your textures and model would be awsome.

KyleSarnik. I don't think it's going to be a problem modeling a static M40 and such. Will see about that after the Ontos is up and rolling.

New update on my site. Come see the 2003 version of my Ontos in action. Go to the ADDONS/TV TUNER to see.

Have a look KyleSarnik. This was the first operational Ontos in OFP.

Ok, I build a low res modelthat cover the main as for the LOD Fire geometry.

The Hires model is ok. Work fine in O2. But I must include a lowres model in the fire geometry LOD. Questions...

When exporting from 3DS. Do I export all the geometry (Hires and lowres) or do I export both separated.

In 3DS. Can I attach all the separate part of the lowres model together or it's better to keep them apart?

For now, what I done is...

In O2, I create the first LOD (1.00), everything is fine. Put some strange czech name where they suppose to go.

But with the Fire Geo LOD. When I created a new Fire Geo LOD... Do I import the lowres model?... do I merge it? Do I strip apart the full model...

I'm a little stuck here. Goddammit, I used to have all those infos written.

fantastic webpage and movie, I'm definately looking forward to this addon. If Sigma is online later I'll get him to post about your LOD question.

KyleSarnik. For now, I don't think we'll need new crew proxies.

Blink Dog. Thanks for the comments on my website.