Sign in to follow this  
AustralianSpecialForces

Flashbang

If anyone here would like to know- if I'm not mistaken, it's the sound component that's most effective. Basically the BANG is so loud, that it causes "lag time" in the brain, as the victim's mind has to sort through the sudden flood of incoming "data". It just chokes with the input, and shut's down for a moment. And, this is just the amount of time necessary for an operator to acquire the target, front sight align, and double tap into face of those poor bastards not prepared for that level of entertainment. wow_o.gif

I just thought I'd educate you with this tidbit of info. We'll now return you to your regularly scheduled addon discussion.

Hmmm Thanks for The Idea, Next will be either a gas grenade, or Tear Gas, but then again Tear gas would be almost the same as a Flashbang just different method... A poisonous gas grenade though :P

You know, you could do an occular irritant gas grenade ( CS, CN, ) by using the same blinding, gagging script as the BAS helocopter/goggles effect, combined with a white, or grey smoke grenade. Just reduce the cloudlet effects in the CFG, so that it's not so smokey. You might want it to blind the targets in the area of affect for an X amount of time.

The question is, can the script be over-ridden if the user, and team members are protected with gasmasks? I wouldn't know, but I'm betting this is all possible.

Alright, Now That I am Free I am going to keep working on the Flashbang, was busy during the week didnt have much time to really boot up O2... wink_o.gif

I was going to release it today, but I tested it and some how the textures are not their so I have to texture it again... sad_o.gif

It'll be out b4 end of month hopefully

Sounds great, cant wait to throw it in some enemys face tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I can see it now, throwing it at someone and somehow it gets stuck on their shoulders and unfortunately still have the large chunk that should be missing still in their shoulder! rock.gif

Is their such a mod that changes OFPs engine? smile_o.gif

The Sequence:

Throw - Land - 1 second - Flash and Large Noise and you cant hear anything else - Someone coming at you and you dont know - ghostface.gif

Finnaly. The scripts are finished, the flash is consistent, sound is incosistently fading, and the very loud noise is not working. wink_o.gif

Should be out on the weekend wink_o.gif . Currently I have made it using Skegs ADF addons, so they will be released first but about 1hr later after first release I will have created a standard BlackOps version and or BAS etc smile_o.gif

make for all

bas units are still used by alot of ppl

really ? I don't use them anymore since HYK's units are out tounge_o.gif

okay rock.gif

I am thinking of cancelling due to KyleSarnik copying my Flashbang idea, or so it would seem... Though I guess I knew I should'nt of released pictures or anything till it was done. So thats what I am going to do from now on. So either way I think it was bound to happen. sad_o.gif

ghostface.gif

There can always be 2 flashbang versions. Its not like we have alot of varity when it comes to flashbangs. I say keep going. Kyle's was more like a pack, with various things, not just Flashbang.

wink_o.gif

I am thinking of cancelling due to KyleSarnik stealing my Flashbang idea, or so it would seem... sad_o.gif

ghostface.gif

i dont think that stealing is good word to describe situation.

calling someone a thef is serious thing and you should reconsider that before sayng such bullshit.

example :

we have lots of m4's, whos stealing ideas from who ?

you didnt invent flashbangs so idea doesnt belong to you.

Quote[/b] ]i dont think that stealing is good word to describe situation.

calling someone a thef is serious thing and you should reconsider that before sayng such bullshit.

example :

wink_o.gif ....

Your only defending him because he is using your textures! tounge_o.gif

(I am going to keep going but I wont release on OFP.gamezone but on my site so if you want it you'll have to go there)

Quote[/b] ]i dont think that stealing is good word to describe situation.

example :

wink_o.gif ....

(I am going to keep going but I wont release on OFP.gamezone but on my site so if you want it you'll have to go there)

images you posted eariel dont work now but they were looking like my textures anyway, but were mapped way worst on even worst model.

so dont call someone a thef just becouse he made something faster than you.

you want to show us your skills ?

make those flashbangs better than Kyle did

make better models, textures, scripts, whatever, there is enought room for other flashbangs, just like for another m4.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]

i dont think that stealing is good word to describe situation.

example :

Quote[/b] ]

wink_o.gif ....

Quote[/b] ]

images you posted eariel dont work now but they were looking like my textures anyway, but were mapped way worst on even worst model.

so dont call someone a thef just becouse he made something faster than you.

Quote[/b] ]

you want to show us your skills ?

make those flashbangs better than Kyle did

make better models, textures, scripts, whatever, there is enought room for other flashbangs, just like for another m4.

Nah, i wont cause his is better than mine, I already acknoledged that I used the wrong word mate so dont get your panties in a fit. wink_o.gif

I am only going to make one that is of what I need for ASF.

in case you will be in need of smoke grenades textures, or anyone else...

m18green2nc.th.jpgm18red6jr.th.jpgm18yellow1td.th.jpg

bron_007.gif

Just to let you know if you've checked that it has been released in the downloads section on our website.

Remember I am using ADF