Sign in to follow this  
Snake Raper

BAS fast rope in MP

Hello all.

It is with great hesitation that I post this question. To answer first, yes, I have been hiding under a rock.

Is it possible to get an AI heli to initiate the fast rope script of a human section in an MP game?

I have been able to disable the leader's ability to designate a site, since I don't want him to pick one. The mission is a CSAR style and I want the heli to come in and 'spit' out the section as it were (no interaction from the players unless it is to say 'yes' to get out). There are some scripted events that require the heli to be in a certain location, and I just don't want the people to decide after playing the mission a couple of times to just fast rope into the hostile camp.

I tried using the airope.sqs on a waypoint which worked well in preview but caused some interesting side-effects in MP (none desireable). The BAS readme really doesn't cover this point (that I can see) as it seems to focus more on Human pilots or AI squads or SP missions.

I have read posts that talk about things not working in MP and I really hope this is not one of them.

yeah im trying to make a MP coop mission where you are dropped off by AI pilots with the fast rope. And it works fine in my mission editor when I test it, but on the server it never fast ropes. There has to be a way to fix this.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US....

wouldnt it work if they where in your section and your ordered them to hover and set fast rope

Never tried it myself, but have you gave a look to the 3 variants (rappel1 rappel 2 and grappe) of the Operation Frenchpoint fast rope scripts ?

From some discussions about MP missions i read in their forum, i understood that their script are working in MP.

You can always try to contact them in their forum on the english version of it .

Ok I assume you are using BAS helo's and want at the start of a mission to have a Helo drop your squad off at a point, and your squad will Fast Rope into a target area. I will describe what I have done to get it to work as follows. I am going to assume you have already grouped your squad and have them in the Helo as cargo.

Name the Helo: In this case bird1, and if you are starting in the air, give it an intial fly height in the init line.

Ex. for Helo: this flyInHeight 40

Set a waypoint near wear you want the helo and set it as move, and speed full

Set the waypoint you want to Fast Rope to within 30 or 40 meters of the previous waypont you made. However do not set it for unload or unload cargo. Just make it a move point and have the speed limited.

For the init line of the waypoint you can put this in the init line:

bird1 flyInHeight 15;bird1 exec "\BAS_mah60\FX\BAS_AIRope.sqs"

This will use the BAS fast rope script, which are in some of the demo missions they have given with there Blackhawk and Pavehawk addons. You can unpbo them to grab the script.

You may have to manually add the bas_mah60 to the list of addons in the mission.sqm

This has worked for me to get me and my squad to be automaticly Fast Roped.

does this also workin MP missions with human players fast roping, rekster?