Sign in to follow this  
eestikas88

Is there a chance?

Is it possible to make radio messages without voice acting but with already existing ofp voices? I mean like so far we have made in editor radio message from base like this [west,"HQ"] sidechat "...."

And if we want a voice too then we do voice acting.But is it possible to do it like that [west,"HQ"] sidechat "..." [Marc]

Marc marks the voice used. rock.gif

So noone knows or you know and don't want to tell me? rock.gif

Please someone who knows about stuff like that help!

If something like this could be done missions would be on a whole new level. crazy_o.gif

If you wan't to use the radio messages from 1985 campaign: (I'm using sounds from the mission 04MontignacMustFall for this example)

1. UnPBO 1985.pbo (you'll only need to do this once, obviously)

2. Copy these files and dirs from 04MontignacMustFall.Eden directory to "yourmission" directory (users\name\missions\yourmission):

sound (directory, this is where the sound files are)

description.ext

stringtable.csv

3. In the editor, use this command on waypoint's or trigger's On Activation field to play sound on the west radio:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">[west, "HQ"] sideRadio "04r1";

4. You'll find the radio message names and texts from stringtable.csv.

5. You can use messages from different missions by adding the class definitions to description.ext, adding strings to stringtable.csv and copying the sound files (.ogg) to sound directory.

There might be an easier way but I doubt it.

ok thanks but i didn't aswer my question.I'll make it easy to understand........OK? Ok then. Let's say that you make a mission and you want voice in radio.You don't have any soundfiles made for mission but you want a voice in radio. So in trigger where someone should talk in radio you type [west,"HQ"] sidechat "........" and then text appears but noone says that text with voice in radio.So you type to the end of [west,"HQ"] sidechat "yourtexthere" [Marc]

and then someone with the voice of Marc says the text.Is this possible? Of course it doesn't work in editor without some modification to the game.But is it possible to make something like this for ofp. rock.gif

did you understand?

No, that is not possible since there's no voice synthesizer in OFP. It only uses very limited vocabulary like:

"two, flank left"

"this is, seven, taking command"

"three, can't get there"

Best way you learn how to make your custom Radio messages. There are a lot of tutes on various sites that shows you how to do this. You need a Wave editor (for eg. Wavelab does the trick) a microphone and a decent soundcard. Read the tutes about custom sound and music. Second you could ask someone in the community to do the voice acting. blues.gif

Quote[/b] ]Ok then. Let's say that you make a mission and you want voice in radio.You don't have any soundfiles made for mission but you want a voice in radio. So in trigger where someone should talk in radio you type [west,"HQ"] sidechat "........" and then text appears but noone says that text with voice in radio.So you type to the end of  [west,"HQ"] sidechat "yourtexthere" [Marc]

and then someone with the voice of Marc says the text.Is this possible?

Yes you can, but nobody has made the required library of sound files or written the proper scripts for MP. But I do have an example that uses some of the default voice samples of OFP, to play simulated custom radio messages. If your interested?