Sign in to follow this  
nettrucker

Turn off command view?

Hi.

I was wondering if it's possible to turn off the command view in a mission, because I don't want the player to have access to this feature. Any help is really appreciated.

blues.gif

VETERAN mode should disable it.

If you dont want it to be play in cadet use a trigger.

Condition: Cadetmode

on activation: Forceend

this will end the mission as soon as its started in cadet mode.

VET mode will also disable other features.

Nah, vet mode doesn't disable that damn "birds eye view". However, perhaps the "switchcamera" command would work.

http://ofpec.com/editors/comref.php?letter=S#switchCamera

That command switches the player's view to either the 1st person, 3rd person, optics, or command view of any unit. So if you had a constant loop switching the character's view back to 1st person, then he wouldn't be able to use command view. Only problem is he woulnd't be able to use 3rd person view either, and possibly not even weapon optics view. Worth a try though. The script would look something like this:

#loop

player switchcamera "internal"

~0.1

? alive player : goto "loop"

exit

I remember some WGL missions would disable everything but the first person view. They included the iron-sight view in it, however.

The scripting was done in the mission, because the WGL mod itself allowed for all the standard OFP views. Dissecting one of their missions or heading over to their forums might point you in the right direction.

Hi TA-50.

What stands WGL for. Can you provide me a link, so that I can do some research. Thanks

Hi General Barron.

I knew you're an ace in scripting. Thanks alot mate. The small script works, but there's still a tough nut for me to crack. you disable Optics too. And this is too important. My buddy and me are due to release a small Campaign. Disable the command view has an important role in it. So far it would have been the solution to our problem. When I tried it in the editor and I used the command view the player was shown for a fraction of a second so I modified changing the Time setting.

#loop

player switchcamera "internal"

~0.0

? alive player : goto "loop"

exit

Now nothing happens, great.

Is there any chance to get around this story with the optics. Need some help plz.

Once again thanks a bunch man. biggrin_o.gif