Sign in to follow this  
eestikas88

Vietnam:Death Valley mission????

Can someone make a mission based on the battle in Vietnam 1965

there is a film based on that too: "We were soldiers" think it was in the "Death valley". It could be quite interestining.Or has someone already made one?

The Battles of LZs X-Ray and Albany were in the Ia Drang Valley, which is the terrain used for the island in the SEB Nam Pack.

Nobody has recreated it per se, but there are plenty of Air Cav missions available if you look for them - OFPEC's Missions Depot has plenty to pick through.

Someone has actually recreated Ia Drang mission based on the film We Were Soldiers, it is alright and quite fun to play but it needs a lot of bug fixing and a high end comp to run it.

Whoops forgot to say I can't remember where to get it from, try www.ofp.info

sim

there was this one allong time ago when I was a regular on the OFPEC boards. forgot what it was called but it was cool

We were soldiers

made by pukingDog back in 2003. Man I havnt been on there boards in a long time wink_o.gif

Actually it isn't so hard to make.Hey, i could make it myself! biggrin_o.gif

There were 400 US men against 2000 Vietnam men so let's use respawn script or something.As for the LZ just make for the choppers transport unload point.Then artillery script, and make soldiers shoot flares at night many savegame points then some bloody nights and a lot of napalm some radio messages and many planes for the "Broken Arrow" (as in the film) . And then attack! Then you see heavy machine guns pointing at you and huey gunship comes out of nowhere and shoots the enemy into pieces some cutscenes and in the end some wannabe news reporters come and ask you silly questions.

Everything clear?

Ok then. biggrin_o.gif

also the download link doesn't work

Trust me mate they are extremely hard to make if you want to do a good job. It will take a long time to make something like that.

@Batdog Yeah that was the one I was on about tounge_o.gif

sim

I guess for that mission is required some voice acting.

I have always thought about one thing.Why doesn't community work together when it is really needed.Everthing would be ready much sooner and everything would be much better. crazy_o.gif

I figured it out that making this mission alone is hard.

Please do not say dirty words now but what do you think if The best mission makers would join hands and make this mission or we

(the community waiting for good missions) would make it ourself.

That sounded wacky. crazy_o.gif

I am working on one thats based on the events leading up to the ones portrayed in the film. There is a beta version i posted thats out but you need a fairly strong computer to play it cleanly.

Thread here

biggrin_o.gif

must........get..........new........computer

7....months....left....till.....birthday.....then........new...........computer......for

.......present tounge_o.gif

Last night i started working on mission LZ X-Ray (We Were Soldiers

mission).Making a working LZ was hard,but i made it.I discovered that AI in OFP is more stupid than a 2 month old baby.So far i have only made LZ where 2 hueys will land and drop off 2 squads.Notice that in LZ ONLY 2 SQUADS CAN BE DROPPED OFF SO FAR but i making some progress.Can some advanced mission maker tell me how to make that support menu thing?This whole mission is becoming a mini campaign.Because the battle was about 100 hours and this is long.Campaign because of OFP can handle 64 squads on both side per mission and my computer can't so about 4vs 6 squads per mission.

first pic

I think i will make only one mission because i'm too lazy

it will be mini-version of that battle in Vietnam.Mission is already playable and laggs like hell tounge_o.gif still making some tweakings and fixing it biggrin_o.gif i will use artillery maybe aerial support because i have to test it too and i want to keep my computer alive until my birthday.

You're having a laugh? rock.gif

You only just started working on it and it's complete?! wow_o.gif

It better be good tounge_o.gif

What addons required?

sim

sebnam pack2 and COC artillery oh and don't hope that it is so great.It is a mini version of that battle and still lags in LZ fighting.You better get up to that hill and kill NVA there in 20 minutes. biggrin_o.gif

I have learned some new things and i say this mission sucks. crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Guess i will make a new mission somewhere else and much better. biggrin_o.gif

'Nam is a tough place to start as a mission maker, maybe you should try on some of the BIS islands first just to get your feet wet.