Sign in to follow this  
-=RA=- DarkMan -Pvt-

CD & GameSpy

Guys,

I posted a few days ago regarding probs I was having launching 1.4 :

Well, since then I have upgraded my ASPI settings as suggested by the avonlady FAQ section, but it still hasn't helped much...I can launch the game OK from the desktop shortcut, but when trying to join/host games via GS, the CD just seems to hang EVERY time!

This is getting really frustrating now as I want to play pretty badly, but can't...

What should I do now?

Comp :

PIII 450

256 Mb RAM

ATI Rage Pro 128 32Mb

52x CD Drive

Please help!

DarkMan

I have this problem too m8 the cd just hangs after i see the ofp banner i have to shutdown the pc for 5 mins then start up then launch game straight away .....its since 1.40 all the other versions worked fine on my pc,     i hope they fix this in patches to come ........  mad.gif  mad.gif  also theres a post here about it WONT LAUNCH

i have an ATAPI 44X cd rom works with all other games and previous vers of OFP

HI about your problem....when you host or join a game does opf freeze then go back to gamespy?. Cause i had this problem where i hosted or joined and the ofp in my taskbar would just dissapear without leaving no error message's at all. I and my clan eventually found out that since ver 1.40 our clan tags were conflicting with ver 1.40 so we got rid of them and now everything is fine. If you have anything in your profiles URL box delete it.

LOL thats a mistake in your XML if u havent got it spelt correct or if u include things like $ or * the xml doesnt accept it .....when i finally get my game to launch my tags are ok and vehicle logo

Our problem is that its a gamble whether the game will launch or not 1 time out of 10 it will

Well guys...

I'm getting thoroughly hacked off with this now...Pusher's situation sounds similar to mine : OpFlash will work via GameSpy about 1 in 10 times. The rest being made up of freezes and "lllegal Operation" messages - in short I've never had so many problems with any one game, and it sucks!

I like the game itself but not all this MP grief...I think future versions MUST have a proper built in client/server setup system like CS/HL etc...

Anyway, I forgot to mention I'm running Window 98SE and have also totally uninstalled & reinstalled 1.4 about a billion times!

Maybe one day it might work!

Sorry to be so negative...it's just that I really, really want to play!

Dark

I am also on wind 98 SE if thats any help to BI in fixing this matter in a future upgrade confused.gif