Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

upgrading 1985 campaign

Im currently working on remaking the 1985 campaign by replacing soldiers and some helos and other stuff and i wonder what do you guys think i should add , change?

so far i have switched east guys into jam weapons because of the cool sounds but what soldier addon should i use for them? The americans i have switched the soldiers to Hyk trops biggrin_o.gif and some of the missions where it was possible i have switched the uh-60mg to bas blackhawk chopper.

also missions near airports have gotten spiced up with some of the mapfact airport objects and buildings.

If the campaign maybe becomes good enoug it could get a public release hopefully smile_o.gif

I think the topic title need changing. 1085 crazy_o.gif That knights and horse. Be kool. Invaed Kolgujev with knights and sword fights. tounge_o.gif

umm well, I'd like to see the apcs replaced with CBTs stuff, you could also replace the M60 and M1A1 tanks with sigmas retextured stuff. You could used ORCS motorized and airborne infantry for the russians, theres newer versions of the hind, A10 and SU25 that u could use in place of the default..alot of the FDF russian stuff could be used too..u'd prolly just have to get their approval...

Why not just play the campaign with the EECP or Y2K3 mods? Pretty much the same results without editing a thing!

Quote[/b] ]Why not just play the campaign with the EECP or Y2K3 mods? Pretty much the same results without editing a thing!

I shamed to say tough, I agreed with you. sad_o.gif

K's EECP and Pappy's Y2k3 are really nice TC-mod.

Plus you can change it with your own favorite whatever you want...

Well, if you play with Y2K3 mods and ecp it isn't really 1985. You are playing with modern day units.

You should chane the Americans for PUKF's amazing DPM soldiers and all the Jeeps for Landies and the tanks and APC's to DKMM's UK vehicles, then it would be cool. wink_o.gif

Agreed. A remake with British troops would kick ass.

It can be done by editing an own config, me thinks. smile_o.gif

Like Y2K3 replaces everything, you can do the same.

Yeah that would be great, of course being English I'm slightly biased wink_o.gif

Would be nice to see something like a total change (like Y2K3/EECP) but on a smaller level so all the units/vehicles get updated (maybe also add some nice special effects), but stick to some kind of theme rather than random addons chosen because they look pretty, Resistance campaign for example could work as some kind of Chechnya type conversion, depending which side you choose to play as one is terrorists/rebels, the other is Soviets smile_o.gif

Of course the most important thing IMO is to have the campaign remain fully functional so it can be played through as normal with saving and such as well as not affecting performance as much as possible smile_o.gif

Anyways just my tuppence smile_o.gif

thx for ideas n stugg people, thx for fixing the topic, well i dont gonna make it all modern day , just small fixes, its not gonna be a total conversion, just replace a few things with some addons and then also place out extra objects and buildings to some of the empty spots where i think there should be more eye candy xmas_o.gif

been playing the campaigns latest version and had some great fun but im thinking it would be cool to replace the tanks with RHS tanks or sigma's old tanks? what do you guys think?

been playing the campaigns latest version and had some great fun but im thinking it would be cool to replace the tanks with RHS tanks or sigma's old tanks? what do you guys think?

we definately need a new t-80/t-72 and m1a1/m60 pack soon. Combat mod made all the needed bradleys and humvee's, but i think the most important think is making new 1985 russian infantry.

yeah i agree about the tanks, there are loads of infantery packs out there waiting to be downloaded and so on but i haven't decided yet wich one i wanna use for the russians,

im thinking about the Edge resistance units for res forces.

i haven't fixed the intro's and outro's to the hyk units yet but im still doing testing to se how its like to play through the entire campaign and i have had lots of fun so far, right now im stuck on a

incredibly hard mission where you are going to find a hidden base then blow some choppers there , the thing is its dark and there are loads of trucks and bmp's and traffic from the roads and back n forth to the base so its going to take me a while to advance wink_o.gif

i think so far the campaign has been loads fun and sometimes extremely difficult tounge_o.gif the convoy mission has to be one where i swore most but i actually got through it without dying but failing the mission when all trucks blow up mad_o.gif