Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

Vietnam town

A typical 60s asian small town enterable building pack specially created for islands as long as the ground is not too much inclined. Best on generally flat land. :-

Pics:-

101kb image - click to see

f234by.jpg

f249je.jpg

PC Market - a market place with stalls

PC MerchantSt1 -shops with more enterable buildings

PC MerchantSt2 - shops with 1 enterable building - use this more as the LOD is lesser

PC MerchantSt3 -government office

PC MerchantSt4 - bar/hotel/shop

PC MerchantBridge - more a dock to load/unload goods

PC MerchantRoad -a specially created road 50m long to adapt to islands.

Vehicles:-

-----------------

PC Tongkang - a motorised type junk typical of asian boats in the 60s in resistance and east armor

PC aidoa - a female with rotating textures in both civilian and resistance men

PC vcspy - a male with roatating textures in east men.

Demo placement mission:-

----------------------------------------

a short drive to docks and back to bar. to show site, and setpos of units.

Download:- 7days only

Download 3Mb

PS: Dont laff on the signboards, i am no vietnamese..i used an online translator to get the names - shops, repair, coffee, govt of vietnam  wow_o.gif

Some research notes to help newbies addonmakers

-------------------------------------------------

1.Shadows on Addon

---------------------

a. its possible to have shadows on your addon, at least on the ground

b. It must be on a flat surface

c. Unfortunately the islands are seldom flat

d. i created a plane with 50 segments so that it conforms to the ground and set the properties as 'on ground'

e.  works good with shadows bu eye level but on air, it mixes sharply with the original ground textures

f. so at resolution 1.00 LOD, i included one more 50 segment plane set properties at 0.200m and keep height, so that on air, 100m up, you wont see much of the jaggies.

2. Roads:-

a. There isnt much documentation on roads, but custom roads are possible, or at least not as good as bis ones-no documentation, remember?

b. create a plane with segments so that it conforms to the ground.

c. set the properties to -0.005m. It  must be under the ground to see the shadows

d. give it only resolution, memory and landcontact lod.

e. At memory lod, use PB, LB, PE, and LE -single vertex points, set about 1m above surface.

f. Ai will be above to move on the addon and have shadows, though not like the bis ones where it follows the curves. Custom ones u would have to place waypoints on each 50m long road.

Texture swopping

----------------

I am disappointed by the responses on how to do the texture swopping responses in the forum, usually one liners or 'go find'. Maybe i am too stupid to figure or the info given not seemed to be enough. I had to go figure myself from every forum.

Basically you would have to make a selection of parts in O2, then name it in the config, add an eventhandler to call a script.

In detail:- Shirt example

---------

1. select the body part where u would wanna have rotated textures.

2. name the part as eg - shirt

3. try to keep to 1 texture for multiple parts, would be easier to script.

4. in the config, define the config model

class cfgmodels

(

class Default{}

class Aman: Man          //:-if your p3d is Aman.p3d

{

sections[]={"shirt"};

};

};

5. In the config vehicles section, add in this line

hiddenSelections[]={"shirt"};

class Eventhandler

{

init=" [_this select 0] exec ""\Aman\scripts\shirt.sqs""";

};

-------------------------------------------------

6. The script would be:-

_man1 = _this select 0

_x = random 3

#Begin

_x = random 4

?_x <= 1 : goto "0"

?_x <= 2 : goto "1"

?_x <= 3 : goto "2"

_man1 setobjecttexture[0, "\Aman\shirt1.paa"]

goto "step4"

_man1 setobjecttexture[0, "\Aman\shirt2.pac"]

goto "step4"

_man1 setobjecttexture[0, "\Aman\shirt3.pac"]

goto "step4"

#Step4

goto "exit"

#exit

exit

--------------------------------------------------

ps: this script is not mine, but modified from various sources in the forum, tested till all my hair drop out. i am not an all rounder!!!! crazy_o.gif

7. this script will randomly select shirts textures for your addon each time it loads ingame. Many other uses, just dont limit your imagination wink_o.gif

Cheers!!

Nice work. Are you planning any more modules?

If anyone download this addon and in the placement mission not er..'taken for a ride'..can download this mission file to place in your ofp user mission folder

placement mission

Thanks for the mirrors. smile_o.gif

Wardog: i guess it's enough as it is modular and u can add as many as u want if the ground allows it. Furthermore there are many better buildings out there, such as sebnam's, mapfact's, ilo's, and agent smiths' city packs.

I tested it only on 2 vietnam style island - Jungle everon and Mekong. In jungle everon, the flat area is near the coast on the east on the airstrip portion of island. In mekong delta its on the northern plains of the airstrip portion near the rivers, where u can place 3 spots of 6 modules link by custom roads to the airport.

If u wanna use the modules in another 3rd world equatorial setting, just change the sign2.paa. I guess its the signboards that will create a make believe setting.