Sign in to follow this  
BoweryBaker

several things every editor should know

1. have the sunrise come sooner than usual. This way your missions can go from night to day right before your eyes. Or day to night. How the hell?

2. The talking to another soldier animation and how to break it or stop it. You got to have a part in the mission where two soldiers are talking to one another. How the hell do I do this, make them look like they're talking to one another, then whats the code to stop it?

Let's continue this thread just to nail the essentials. I know theres one like it, but that thread tries to get every single snippet out there, lets just nail the essentials.

1.  have the sunrise come sooner than usual.  This way your missions can go from night to day right before your eyes.  Or day to night.  How the hell?  

2.  The talking to another soldier animation and how to break it or stop it.  You got to have a part in the mission where two soldiers are talking to one another.  How the hell do I do this, make them look like they're talking to one another, then whats the code to stop it?

Let's continue this thread just to nail the essentials.  I know theres one like it, but that thread tries to get every single snippet out there, lets just nail the essentials.

1. Look up the skipTime command. Using a loop to issue several skipTime commands until sunset should achieve the desired effect.

2. I would break it by having the talking unit issue a "say" command for a null audio file that plays no sound for a fraction of a second.

So in effect, when time is sped for the environment, it speeds time up for the troops too, but you'll need to space it out so that its not so apparent that everything is moving so fast. Correct? Oh and let me tell you about the first mission.

The skiptime command will not affect units on the map, it will only force the time to change in a positive or negative direction. Search the forum for some example of this.

RED

Let's continue this thread just to nail the essentials.  I know theres one like it, but that thread tries to get every single snippet out there, lets just nail the essentials.

Hmm... not sure if those two things would really qualify for the "essentials".

Really all that is needed is a link to OFPEC, and walla, you got all the essentials. wink_o.gif