Sign in to follow this  
cobra@pulse

Need to know which island for airport

Hello there.

First of all I got to say sorry for the title of teh topic, it is very confusing i know, but never mind.

What i would like to know is, what island would you people recomend for the best and most realistic military air base out there, as i would like to try and make a cinematic mission on it, so I want to use as higher quality addons as possible.

Plus recomendation on a high quality attack aircraft would be good to, but not needed.

Please dont turn this into a flame war arguning but a healthy discusion is always good.

Any help will be greatly appreciated of course.

Cobra@Pulse

Yeh, i liked MAPFACT Nog, I was just windering if there was a island with a different sort of runway textures if you know what I mean.

Btw, any ideas for planes?

Sorry for being so picky etc but Tonal's a rather large package plus, it isn't very modern, and where can i grab GAIA?

Thanks, sorry, i have been in a lazy state of mind since I got home, I think its because of the huge amount of course work that i have got. God damn UK education!

no problem, it's the same with every other education smile_o.gif

the only problem with GAIA is that it is a bit, well, laggy. at least on my computer (which is ooold). but it's great otherwise!

no problem, it's the same with every other education smile_o.gif

the only problem with GAIA is that it is a bit, well, laggy. at least on my computer (which is ooold). but it's great otherwise!

Gaia is allways lagging like hell with higher viewdistances.

Some time ago I made a fun map just for flying with stuff.

Like Martins Bell206, his DC-3, the Antonov 124 and other cool aircrafts/chopper.

For the right flight feeling you need higher viewdistances to see the runways better/earlier.

I tried to land the DC-3 on that gras runway in the south-east.

The forest there produced me ~1Frame/week.... (FPW)

Otherwise, GAIA is very cool, cause there are 4 or more Airports and it's big.

*still waiting for a often asked for "flightsim only" island for OFP* sad_o.gif

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Me too. I wonder whatever happened to Snake Man's PMC_Euro? The beta was great!

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

me too! mad_o.gif

why doesn't anybody make a huge island or continent with an interesting landscape, some woods, good terrain textures, some villages and strategical places like oil fields and maybe 1 or 2 airports . . .

(notice the slight requesting tone of this sentence) tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

me too! mad_o.gif

why doesn't anybody make a huge island or continent with an interesting landscape, some woods, good terrain textures, some villages and strategical places like oil fields and maybe 1 or 2 airports . . .

(notice the slight requesting tone of this sentence) tounge_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I would definitely enjoy an island with emphasis on flight! Especially if there was a greater emphasis on airport realism, both in art (runway textures, lights, etc.) and layout (taxiways, ramps, holding areas)!

Saruago has got some custom texture runways i think, and a great island overall.

EDIT: Mis-spelt it, it's actually called 'Sarugao' (no a after u), and link here. The screenshot on their doesn't do it justice.

new land or newland has some big and intresting terrain with much detail but it needs a strong comp to run it tounge_o.gif

thats the best island or at least its on my top ten list,

mapfact nogova is great and also gaia island and snake man's snake island was good to. I think something else is out there but i can't remember the name of the island.

We releasing Operation Nightwish soon, Cobra? Now it's finished and all.