Sign in to follow this  
Denwad

Small suggestion

for example when you're building a really cool sandbag setpos fort that gets ruined by the M2 or what have you rotating 180 and the guy manning it gets stuck in some sand bags.

I'd like to suggest that BIS place a seperate dial feature on the facing compass that can be resized to restrict the degrees a mount can traverse both horizontally and vertically.

You already have that feature in OFP. Try some of the custom addons to see what I mean (DKM's Howitzer or TOW)

That's already included in OFP, the M2s are just configged to have no rotation limits. Many addon MGs have rotation limits. For instance, the VIT MGs are very high-quality and have strict rotation limits, making them perfect for bunkers.

yes, but I would like to FURTHER restrict that

say for example

m2 can rotate 360 degrees, but I want it to rotate only 30

the NSV can rotate ~28 degrees, I want it to rotate 5

I don't want to have to create a seperate addon for such things, my addon list is already crowded enough.

If not via new addon, how do you plan to restrict it?

In mission editor? rock.gif

like this

restrictor.jpg

red is the direction the object is pointing towards, jsut like in regular ofp

the green lines represent the amount that object's turret is able to traverse

it would appear as in regular ofp, but there would be a circle in the middle, you click on that circle and the two green lines appear at the 90 and 270 positions, one can then move them to any angle.

also, please make the angle adjustable with the mouse wheel

thats a cool idea, and could be used on other units to restrict there movements and set fields of fire

that would be of great use in missions where u need to take a town or clear a building.. like send soldiers to different positions and have them keep watch around a given area, and to expand this.. say u can set it so that any bad guys that get with-in that soldiers range and field of view, ur soldier will engage that target.

i know that this is somewhat posible in OFPR but you cant select areas to keep watch and what to do if a target is seen.

this could be done on the map interface.. selcet soldier, send him to the place u want him to be.. then click and drag a cone to define the field of view and range at which he will engage targets.

it would be a far better whay to use AI to defend and even attack.