Sign in to follow this  
Evil_Clown

Config.cpp

How do i make a config.cpp!?!?!?! sad_o.gif

I dont fins any treads here that describes how to do!!

I am a complete noob on this, so please be VERY describing!

And i am not so good in english, but i understand... SO please help me with the config file to my 256*256 island! sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

yeah,. tried configfilewriter, but i cant use DOS on my system, and thats what configfilewriter is based on upon startup... I really need help with this one, how the heck shall i make a .cpp file?

yeah,. tried configfilewriter, but i cant use DOS on my system, and thats what configfilewriter is based on upon startup... I really need help with this one, how the heck shall i make a .cpp file?

She means tutorials, not the program (it's only for .wrp files anyway). UNPBO some pbo's and look at the config, you will learn a lot from them too wink_o.gif

Moving to a place where you may find some more help... the Breathe Config and Scripting forum. wink_o.gif

I think you need C++ to make an actual .cpp file.

What I did was just DePBOed an addon(a lot of addon downloads come with a seperate config.cpp file anyways) and used that file as a base (template) file.

You need the Defines at the first of the file anyways , so just delete the rest of the content , then , when you need a .cpp file , just copy your template file.

The sad part in my case is , I have C++ Visual Studio loaded (for another game) but I haven't got the first clue about using it for anything.

One thing to note: Don't change the file extension on your .cpp file to something else , because it will no longer be a C++ file when you change it back. .cpp files can be openned with Notepad or Wordpad.

Quote[/b] ]

I think you need C++ to make an actual .cpp file.

Actually you don't need C++ at all, just make your .cpp file in Notepad or WordPad.

You can also safely save it with the .txt extension and change it to .cpp later it doesn't make any difference as long as it has the .cpp extension when you pack it into a PBO.

The opposite is also true.....i.e....you can change extension from .cpp to .txt ......so Notepad or Wordpad will load it automatically with a double click.

Planck