Sign in to follow this  
kerosene

Greanade launchers

Title sums it up really,

I'm using the grenadier from BAS tonal pack, and ive made him load the smoke grenades, but i cant make him fire it at units or objects. Im trying to simulate a riot, and i want a couple of grenadiers to lauch smoke into the crowds.

DoFire and DoTarget dont seem to do it, is it possible? I know i can camcreate shells at the point i need smoke, but id like to see the grenadiers fire off the rounds.

Give your unit a fired EH like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this addEventHandler ["FIRED",{_this exec "Smoke.sqs"}]

Now make a script like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">;Smoke.sqs

_B = nearestObject [_this select 0, _this select 4]

_smoke = "smokeshell" camcreate getpos _b

_smoke setvelocity velocity _b

deletevehicle _b

now make him fire at people and it'll make a smokeshell at the velocity of the bullet and delete the original bullet.

You could try giving the guy an mm-1 grenade launcher, that might work better since the bullet it shoots would go slower.

The last post on the first page of this thread FAQ might help. The post is titled 'How to have AI using flare' or something.

The poster of the flare codes is me before i change my account from Chronicles to GIGN_Orbarth (with permission of the moderator) .

I notice now that i wrote in the past

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">  

BOB fire ["m203muzzle", "flare"]; CHOPPER domove BOB

in the case of a soldier using a M16M203 to have a chopper come to BOB position

and

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BOB fire ["grenadesmuzzle", "flare"]; CHOPPER domove BOB

for the same action but in the case the soldier is using a AK74/AK47+Grenade Launcher.

Those 2 code samples are incorrect , i mean the chopper movement part (the flare part is correct) , i forgot the "getpos" code

the correct code sample

-M16/M203 soldier

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">  

BOB fire ["m203muzzle", "flare"]; CHOPPER domove getpos BOB

-AK47/74 + Grenade Launcher

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BOB fire ["grenadesmuzzle", "flare"]; CHOPPER domove BOB

I sent a PM to Placebo to see if he can correct this, as i can't access the Chronicles Account anymore.

While it is not fixed , refer to the correct codes i wrote there.

Sorry for any problems

I sent a PM to Placebo to see if he can correct this

Corrected smile_o.gif