Sign in to follow this  
darkpeace

Server peak FPS should be configurable by admins

Server peak fps should be configuatble by admins

(via flashpoint.cfg variable on the server)

eg: LimitServerFPS=255 or LimitServerFPS=60, etc

Instead of having a limiter at 32fps or 50fps

Note: This would help raise server performance esp on newer current (Sept 2004) hardware

The default setting would of course be 32fps or 50fps, so voting No is rather pointless

Because most servers cap it at 32fps :P

Thats why

Anyway the default would be 50fps anyway (which may end up as 32fps due to the bug on most servers anyway)

Just this way a server admin could just set 80fps and end up actually getting a limit of 51.2fps (if they are affected by the bug, and most servers currently are affected by it)

I dont think you guys understand the concept of its implied use

1) its not like you will gain any thing out of it because thats all ready done in the packet configerations

2) your cpu will still choke

3) its not that easy to do (if it were feasible)

just regard the 32 fps as 50 and learn to live with it - for your server types even it did read properly - they would still choke

our server reads 32 max and out performs every other server on the web - so we really dont regard the improper readin of the FPS as an issue

it's simply not that important and wont gain you any performance

I can feel a big diffrence on a good server and a bad one, we all wonder why we hav all this double kills in CQB ect. Well were always playing on a server with 20ppl, the server have like 15-20 FPS. Which means it will add extra lag. Thats why DM never have the same kind of lag since the server runs stabile.

I wish OFP servers all were limited to 8vs8, Servers cant handle more.

So in 9 months time a 4.5ghz CPU with 2-4mb of cache will still choke ?

I find that very hard to believe.

Anyways I am thinking of ditching OFP now, I've been ignored long enough and the community collapsed long ago, no point trying to revive it now

This poll is pointless - no matter what its result will be, we will still not implement it.