Sign in to follow this  
Intrepidus <TZW>

CR CTI help for beginner mission maker

I'm very interested in editing the core CR CTI code so that I can add and remove units and vehicles, not to mention possible buildings, like that old observation tower with the .50 on top. The extremely tall metal tower. You've probably seen it.

In particular, I'd like to add the following to the US side:

http://www.ofp.bmj.pl/lotnictwo/SpecOpsPiper.zip

I'd also like to add and possibly remove a few other vehicles. I also have some interest in subsituting the default US troops with possibly BAS units, or if it's possible add a combination of BAS troops with Project UK Forces (DPM Troop Pack 1).

I'd like to add this to the Tonal map. Any suggestions, advice and/or help would be extremely appreciated.

I'm guessing one of the first things I need to do is get my hands on the source code for CR...

Anyway, thanks in advance!!

biggrin_o.gif

unpbo the mission, look at the scripts, learn how it works and how you can edit it smile_o.gif

yeah i tried to figure out your stats script in the end CR, but its to many to understand how it works smile_o.gif

The scripting is very Clean and simple, if i ever made a cti version from the begining it would have around 2000 files in it.

If Malboeuf did take the time to unpbo a crCTI mission he would find out he is wrong smile_o.gif.

crCTI is written from scratch .. of course it is inspired by Mike Melvins MFCTI (which i modded for a year into MFCTI CR-#.#).

When i planned some major changes to my MFCTI CR mod i ended up with rewriting everything from scratch.

I appreciate all the helpful answers. Cleanrock, I've UNpbo-ed the following mission:

mfcti_cr-4.1_everon.eden.pbo

Is this what I should be refering to during my editing?

I can't seem to get a handle on where to find what you refered me to. I don't see a "Common" Folder or those two .sqs files.

Where are the following(?):

unit (infantry and vehicles) definitions

Common\InitUnitTypes.sqs

structure type definitions

Common\InitStructureTypes.sqs

Where do I obtain your source code?

Forgive me. I'm fairly new to editing CTI. sad_o.gif

I appreciate all the helpful answers. Cleanrock, I've UNpbo-ed the following mission:

mfcti_cr-4.1_everon.eden.pbo

Is this what I should be refering to during my editing?

I can't seem to get a handle on where to find what you refered me to. I don't see a "Common" Folder or those two .sqs files.

Where are the following(?):

unit (infantry and vehicles) definitions

Common\InitUnitTypes.sqs

structure type definitions

Common\InitStructureTypes.sqs

Where do I obtain your source code?

Forgive me. I'm fairly new to editing CTI. sad_o.gif

You have the wrong version. That's the old one based on MFCTI 1.0

I'd suggest you get crCTI 0.2 from http://cr-ofp.dyndns.org/ and edit that one instead. It's alot easier to modify than regular MFCTI.

I tested in an offline game your crCTI 0.2 and i must say that i really like it cleanrock, that is a really good job.

I gave the commander position to an AI to see how they behave, and while i never saw a chopper in the long fun game i had , there were huge tanks battles near Levie near the end game, when the 2 factions had a good amount of money running.

And actually the best thing i noticed is that despite those huge tanks battles, it is a very lot more friendly to my computer than all the mfCTI versions.

Good job on that, i am looking forward to your next versions to see what kind of features you will activate.

Thanks for the good work, i had a good fun.

If Malboeuf did take the time to unpbo a crCTI mission he would find out he is wrong smile_o.gif.

crCTI is written from scratch .. of course it is inspired by Mike Melvins MFCTI (which i modded for a year into MFCTI CR-#.#).

When i planned some major changes to my MFCTI CR mod i ended up with rewriting everything from scratch.

you have not wrote it from scratch, you have modified - I have watched each map release you have put out

Lots of work on it I will credit you there tounge_o.gif

there were huge tanks battles near Levie near the end game,

thats rare, in league play the squads go for the all tooooo easy town wins

CR maps are off scale and many league wins were done in 8-13 minutes because of this

even now we played it once on our server and simply ignored since

the tank battles in wgl (no addon version) MFCTI v0.22 has by far the best tank battles we have seen

Thanks salisan, cleanrock and others:

I appreciate your tips, and so will all my buddies once I get to point where I thoroughly understand all of this.

I've UNpbo-ed the correct mission, and easily see what .sqs files I'm needing. I'm sure I'll have more questions before I'm done though. ;)

From what I've heard it's much easier to replace units and vehicles rather than adding additional vehicles and armaments to what's already there...

RN Malboeuf,

I must admit that I prefer the structures in WGL and the weather effects, as well as the armour ratios with armour, vehicles and aircraft.

But pretty much ALL the small arms are not sighted properly. In fact, they're sighted quite abysmally. crazy_o.gif

there were huge tanks battles near Levie near the end game,

thats rare, in league play the squads go for the all tooooo easy town wins

CR maps are off scale and many league wins were done in 8-13 minutes because of this

even now we played it once on our server and simply ignored since

the tank battles in wgl (no addon version) MFCTI v0.22 has by far the best tank battles we have seen

My observations on the crCTI 0.2 (precision : crCTI is not the same missions as mfCTI-CR-xxx is) was based only on an offline test game with only AI as players (with me of course).

Certainly online, and especially on leagues everything is very different .

In mfCTI , on offline coop, there are lot of battles but when i play mfCTI online everything is often solved in an initial "rush" without really caring of capturing town or defending them, making things more TDM than CTI (fortunately sometime i have some good old fashioned long mfCTI games that are not "rush" decided).

Of course i have not tested every version (and there are a lot) of mfCTI to see if there are some of them that can prevent those TDM-like games that are uninteresting from my point of view.

Dont take Malbeoufs word as fact .. for some weird reason he is on crusade to scare people away from crCTI.

Test crCTI and find out if u like it or not.

cleanrock,

could you point out my mistakes in this section of code:

; args: [unit, si]

_unit = _this Select 0

_si = _this Select 1

? (_si == siRangers): goto "EquipRangers"

? (_si == siBrits): goto "EquipBrits"

? (_si == siEast): goto "EquipEast"

Exit

#EquipRangers

RemoveAllWeapons _unit

_unit AddMagazine "M16"

_unit AddMagazine "M16"

_unit AddMagazine "M16"

_unit AddMagazine "M16"

_unit AddWeapon "M16"

_unit selectWeapon "M16"

_unit AddMagazine "LAWLauncher"

_unit AddMagazine "LAWLauncher"

_unit AddWeapon "LAWLauncher"

_unit AddMagazine "HandGrenade"

_unit AddWeapon "Binocular"

;_unit AddWeapon "NVGoggles"

Exit

#EquipBrits

RemoveAllWeapons _unit

_unit AddMagazine "JAM_W556_30mag"

_unit AddWeapon "UKF_SA80"

_unit selectWeapon "UKF_SA80"

_unit AddMagazine "LAW80"

_unit AddWeapon "ukf_LAW80"

Exit

#EquipEast

RemoveAllWeapons _unit

_unit AddMagazine "AK74"

_unit AddMagazine "AK74"

_unit AddMagazine "AK74"

_unit AddMagazine "AK74"

_unit AddWeapon "AK74"

_unit SelectWeapon "AK74"

_unit AddMagazine "RPGLauncher"

_unit AddMagazine "RPGLauncher"

_unit AddWeapon "RPGLauncher"

Exit

The units with this section of code come out with the default loadouts for their class name. Not with the loadouts above.

Is your crCTI coop-ready as it is or will you make coop versions in the future? I'm asking because mfCTI had special coop versions.

Is your crCTI coop-ready as it is or will you make coop versions in the future? I'm asking because mfCTI had special coop versions.

AI side plays well, i.e. if u play vs a full AI side u will usually have a tough game.

i guess _si does not match any of your si's and exits.

Could you be a little more detailed with your explanation? I'm not following you. Thanks.

I'm trying to add additional weapons and ammo to your CTI, cleanrock. I've tried many things, but nothing works. I'm trying to add the following weapon, BAS_JM4ACOG and its ammo, JAM_W556_30mag to the following lines of code without success? Perhaps you could point me in the right direction?

equipDefs set [_type, ["M16 Mag", 2, "west", isGeneral, 1, "M16", "\dtaExt\equip\m\m_m16" ]]

atM16 = _type

_type = _type + 1

weaponDefs set [_type, ["M16", 10, "west", wtPrimary, "M16", "\dtaExt\equip\w\w_m16", [[atM16,4],[atMortar,0]] ]]

_type = _type + 1

Also I'm curious how I can make and add custom images of weapons, ammo, vehicles etc, so that you can see them within the barracks, light factory etc. Suggestions?

changing equipment is very easy and should be self explanantory, here u have an example anyway:

equipDefs set [_type, ["5.56 Mag", 2, "west", isGeneral, 1, "JAM_W556_30mag", "<path to new image here>" ]]

at556x30 = _type

_type = _type + 1

weaponDefs set [_type, ["M4 ACOG", 10, "west", wtPrimary, "BAS_JM4ACOG", "<path to new image here>", [[at556x30,4],[atMortar,0]] ]]

_type = _type + 1

PS. ur default loadout problem and this is very basic stuff .. i wish u good luck