Sign in to follow this  
Tomislav

Scripting question

is it possible to fly a flag on an empty mast or to take the other one of and get your one up there.

would also be great if there was an animation for it.

i know how that works but how can i hoist a flag in game.

-(to fly a flag = to hoist a flag)

in MP missions you will find a script that lets you kneel in order to raise a flag but there isn't an animation for raising the flag itself.

The kneeling basically prevents you from seeing that it isn't there biggrin_o.gif

so it would be not possible (for single player) to hoist your flag after you have conquered the enemy base, so that you can proceed to the next.

would it be possible to make a trigger that if everyone in that camp is eliminated your flag gets on the mast.

but i´'d prefer if there was an animation that appears in the action menu if you get near the mast to hoist the flag (the guy should only do something there and the flag should slowly raise up)

would be really a nice feature, wouldn't it rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]would it be possible to make a trigger that if everyone in that camp is eliminated your flag gets on the mast
Sure, place a trigger that covers the camp and choose "not present" in it's menu.
Quote[/b] ]but i´'d prefer if there was an animation that appears in the action menu if you get near the mast
Condition: player distance flag < 4 and noflag

On activation: hoistflag = player addaction ["Hoist flag", "hoistflag.sqs"]

On deactivation: player removeaction hoistflag

The trigger is activated repeatedly

hoistflag.sqs looks that way:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">flag setflagtextrure "flag.jpg"

noflag = flase

Quote[/b] ]...and the flag should slowly raise up
Unfortunately, there's no such animation.

and is it possible to hang it on half-mast

or to use a bigger flag?

does such an unofficial addon exist is my main question.

To put a flag at half mast, put two flagpoles on top of each other, and setpos one of the poles into the ground. I don't think you can fly a bigger flag on the BIS flagpoles though, and I don't know of any addon that lets you have bigger flags.