Sign in to follow this  
jens198

What happend to that Pacific mod? (see pics)

Fake or not, I would love to see more such material.

Refreshing even still today, although it's "old" picture.

Maybe the living Pacific WWII mods have obtained some inspiration and ideas from those pics. I hope so, Pacific is still too much in state of nature in OFP: No bomb craters, no burned forests, no blood-red shores of small islands. smile_o.gif

Sometimes I feel that OFP editors are stuck in imitating work by other groups - maybe due to pressure from community. I consider it both good and bad thing. In longer run it would be better to see new limit-breaking revolutionary stuff. That would keep us Nogovan travellers alive until the release of OFP2. Anyway, do what You love, keeping it unique and refreshing.

This is a photoshop set-up. Layers in copy and paste.

Checkout the same exact head positions (sols in OFP turn their heads)

Also, I've never seen two sols in OFP standing this close to each other. you know what I mean -> hip-hop  biggrin_o.gif

Soldiers in OPF don't always turn their heads when using custom anims, I've seen a couple where they don't and even if they did whoever took the shot could have been taken at a point where they were all looking straight ahead.

As for them standing so close together, they are cargo proxies within the boat which can be positioned as close together as you want, they can even clip into each other.

Going by what has been posted in this thread then this pic must also be a fake as it has custom anims that are different for each cargo position and they're obviously far too close together for OPF.

I see nothing in that pic that can't be done in OPF, the 2 boats next to each other might take a bit of time to position but it's not impossible, you have to remember that screenshots are generally staged and as such you can setup it up to recreate things that wouldn't normally happen in general gameplay.

As has already been mentioned sky and water textures can be changed, have a look athis pic of Mcnool's pacific island for proof.

Just because it looks different doesn't mean it's not OPF, you'd be amazed at what hard work and talent can do with the OPF engine, as another example have a look at Invasion 1944's new head and face model and textures, maybe these guys also had the talent to create top quality models and textures but not the time toi ever finish them.

It really bugs me when people jump to conclusions and write off other people's work because it's too good to be true.

see this:

http://pacificfront.fc2web.com/

this is the HP of the mod. there haven't been any updates for a longer time "September/8/2003".

well put .. one little question. why should someone make himself so much work for a FAKE rock.gif

http://pacificfront.fc2web.com/team.htm perhaps someone will give answer ... before saying it is all a fake !

little problem ... the screens won't load in the screenshot section.

but what you could see on this screens ..... WOAH and it looked like OFP (in my eyes).

we all know about OFP "LIMITATIONS" ... but we all know hat they are falling !

c c c

appear that fake after all eh?

just look what they did and wot we have now

doesnt appear that impossible

the f4f wildcat for example:

ejecting cartriges, bullet markings, random numbers, streams

etc

these have aswell been apllied on trenchfeets fighters havnet they?

maybe trenchfeets fighters are fake?

i guess those guys were a step ahead of us and we just sacked them

shame on us

btw if this will risze from ashes

i could donate a b29 that i have on my laptop for this mod

would be honoured

This is a photoshop set-up. Layers in copy and paste.

Checkout the same exact head positions (sols in OFP turn their heads)

Also, I've never seen two sols in OFP standing this close to each other. you know what I mean -> hip-hop biggrin_o.gif

Soldiers in OPF don't always turn their heads when using custom anims, I've seen a couple where they don't and even if they did whoever took the shot could have been taken at a point where they were all looking straight ahead.

As for them standing so close together, they are cargo proxies within the boat which can be positioned as close together as you want, they can even clip into each other.

Going by what has been posted in this thread then this pic must also be a fake as it has custom anims that are different for each cargo position and they're obviously far too close together for OPF.

I see nothing in that pic that can't be done in OPF, the 2 boats next to each other might take a bit of time to position but it's not impossible, you have to remember that screenshots are generally staged and as such you can setup it up to recreate things that wouldn't normally happen in general gameplay.

As has already been mentioned sky and water textures can be changed, have a look athis pic of Mcnool's pacific island for proof.

Just because it looks different doesn't mean it's not OPF, you'd be amazed at what hard work and talent can do with the OPF engine, as another example have a look at Invasion 1944's new head and face model and textures, maybe these guys also had the talent to create top quality models and textures but not the time toi ever finish them.

It really bugs me when people jump to conclusions and write off other people's work because it's too good to be true.

Exactly. Well said.