Sign in to follow this  
Ronny Skog

Multiplayer games always freeze on exit

After installing v1.4 multiplayer games always freeze when I exit from the server. This is a total freeze where the only solution is a hard reebot. Ctrl+Alt+Del do not work unless I use them before the server close.

The problem occures both when hosting a game and when I`m joining games hosted by others. It is really annoying having to restart the PC for every multiplayer game. I occationally had the same problem with v1.3, but the Ctrl+Alt+Del did work with v1.3, so it was no big deal.

Any suggestions?

I have the same problem, game freezes on exit. Under 1.3 it locked up, couldn't be terminated via task-manager, reboot was necessary. Under 1.4 it still freezes, can be terminated via task-manager, but after some minutes u can see the bsod (blue screen of death) for a splitsecond and the computer reboots.

This is under W2k, OFP is the only programm i know that manages to completly crash W2k in a really violent way biggrin.gif .

System:

W2k

GeForce 1 DDR

Soundblaster live value

I also have crashes with OFP and multiplayer. If I've hosted a game and I quit either normally or try to ctrl-alt-del and end the task manually the game remains in my task list and within 5 minutes XP reboots without warning. This is annoying, especially when it wipes out ZoneAlarms program settings and open firewall ports and I have to put them back in again.

Same problem here Under Win2K. Cant kill OperationFlashP process then get reboot 5 mins later.

Very annoying.

Good news: It seems like taskmanager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) actually is working, it`s just hidden behing the OPF screen smile.gif

So hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del, waiting a few sec, then hitting Alt+E, waiting a few more sec and hitting Alt+E again does terminate OPF on my Win XP system.

It`s not a perfect soulution, but at least I dont have to reboot all the time.

Under Win2K I get 'Access Denied' When I try to kill process.

I think this is because I launch the game with 'All Seeing Eye' and I don’t have the rights to kill process. (I am an Administrator)

Hi!

I Had exactly the same problem. It was ZoneAlarm wich caused it, when I  shut down ZA, then I can exit multiplayer game properly. Apparently OPF waits some message from server / client when exiting multiplayer and ZA blocks it.

Regards,

John_A_Doe

thanx for the information. Just so happens I am running zone alarm.

Ill try it tonight. biggrin.gif

If you have ZoneAlarm, go into the Programs panel and make sure that OFP is being allowed full access to network resources -- ZA shouldn't be set to prompt, since the dialog will pop up under the full-screen OFP window.

I had this problem for the past month, but found that even when I'd shut Zone Alarm down, OFP was still hanging whenever I disconnected from a server.

No mention by Zone Alarm of any network activity at this point, so no idea what OFP thinks it's doing.

I have found that if shutting Zone Alarm down doesn't work for you, then uninstalling it will. A bit drastic, but it was the only thing that worked. sad.gif

Caine,

this is caused by ZA still filtering though disabled.

I have had the same problem since ver 1.0, and I also do use Zone Alarm. As this seems to be the common thread, I will try disabling.

Forced Reboot after every multiplayer game is ridiculous.

BIS - Is it REALLY necessary for the game to receive notice from the server that the game is over?

btw - I can Ctl+Alt+Del and kill OFP, but the blue screen/reboot comes w/in 5 min afterwards... confused.gif

* QD

Win 2k Pro

Hercules - Geforce 2 Pro 64Mb

1024 Mb Ram

100 Gb Disk

Athlon 1.1 Ghz

Zone Alarm v 2.1.44

having this problem too, with no zone-alarm on my comp, or other firewall prog.

always have to reboot comp (u guys realy waited for 5 min!!wink.gif

alt+ctrl... doesnt work at all.

BIS plz do something i have to think every time i want to join MP sesseion if it realy worth the rebooting, it freezs when trying to connect through GS every time 2.