Sign in to follow this  
VerySolidSnake

Game of the Year graphic glitches

HUGE EDIT: I have a brand new system, Geforce 6800 GT and the works. For some reason for any official island to work properly (lots of white and crazy spikes, only the objects show up) i have to disable Direct3D HW T&L. All unofficial islands work absolutly fine with that option turned on, like skye island.

So now i'm forced to use only Direct3D when my machine can easily handle HW T&L (because on the other islands, it was smooth as silk).

Anyone know the problem? I just updated my gfx drivers.

In the ForceWare control panel, make sure that you don't use the "High Performance" image settings. Use "Quality" or "High Quality".

In the ForceWare control panel, make sure that you don't use the "High Performance" image settings. Use "Quality" or "High Quality".

meh? why not?

and does it also make a big difference qua fps? rock.gif

i put it to high quality, all that did was reduce flickering and the island was a more solid white. Still could see the soldiers and objects perfectly though.....

hate to ask very commong questions but did you overclock your card ?

I have GF 6800 (non ultra) - everything works fine with either factory or forceware drivers......

try using shortcut with "-nomap" key..

no overclocking at all, nomap didnt work as well. This is very, very strange. It wouldn't be so strange if the other islands worked with HW TL on....

meh? why not?

and does it also make a big difference qua fps?  rock.gif

The reason why I made that statement was a problem I ran into about two months ago with ForceWare drivers (I'm not sure of the exact version at the time). I was futzing around with my setup to see what the highest framerate was that I could achieve.

When I tried "High Performance", I got symptoms similar to the "all green screen" issue that's been mentioned many times, primarily with ATI cards / Catalyst drivers. The menu worked normally, but island objects didn't display correctly. Those symptoms all disappeared when I switched back to "Quality" or "High Quality". I don't recall if "Performance" also had the same issue.

maybe it's something wrong with the CD's i recieved? Also, is there that much of a difference between Direct3d and HW TL??

I have Geforce 6800 GT too, and i had the same problem. I solved it by adding a couple of unoffical addons to the res/adons folder. I still don't know what is that have to do with the textures, but it fixed the problem for me.

Also, i have a question. Even with a FX-53 Athlon and 1GB of PC4300 RAM, my ofp is a bit laggy sometimes and it locks up when i set my terrain detail on high. I tred everything, but nothing seems to work. My game is not as smooth as it should be.

my ofp is a bit laggy sometimes and it locks up when i set my terrain detail on high.

Search The FAQ for "terrain detail slow". You just cannot use the HIGH setting on today's machines. So said BIS quite some time ago.

And long time no see. smile_o.gif

Umm high you can it's very high you can't, I think? At least there are people talking about how they play the game that say they run it on high. Obviously high plus 5000 view distance is asking for trouble smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I have Geforce 6800 GT too, and i had the same problem. I solved it by adding a couple of unoffical addons to the res/adons folder

Which addons did you add there to make it work? Just any addon?

I tried throwing unofficial addons into the res/addons folder. Still doesn't work. Now i tested the other islands for a longer period of time with HW TL on and they end up having wike spikes and make the island not visible. So i think it comes down to that the Geforce 6800 GT doesn't like something about OFP. What is it exactly?

my ofp is a bit laggy sometimes and it locks up when i set my terrain detail on high.

Search The FAQ for "terrain detail slow". You just cannot use the HIGH setting on today's machines. So said BIS quite some time ago.

And long time no see. smile_o.gif

I've heared some people saying that they can play it on very high detail with a much cheaper card.

I belive there's something the Geforce GT doesn't like about OFP. I will try different drivers, but i don't think it will help much. Nvidia doesn't seem to care much about OFP. sad_o.gifmad_o.gif

For the third time; Did you try the -nomap parameter?

If you read back a bit...

no overclocking at all, nomap didnt work as well. This is very, very strange. It wouldn't be so strange if the other islands worked with HW TL on....

If you read back a bit...

Uuups, your right sad_o.gif Im sorry for my blindnes crazy_o.gif

I still haven't figured out what is causing this problem. All i know is that you need at least 360MB of addons in the res/addons folder to get rid of the problem.

There is just no other way. I tried everything. I even uninstalled directx 9.0c and installed 9.0b, but it didn't help either. rock.gif

Maybe you should try some older drivers..No other ideas from me sad_o.gif

EDIT: I downloaded and installed ForceWare 65.62 driver set from Guru3d ( http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=847 ), and it fixed the problem for me.

That's great to hear.

Would you maybe have a pic of the error you had that you could post here or email to me?

UPDATE: pic here.

Yup, that's my piccy, I have the same problem as you lot by the looks of it.

I'll try the old drivers, but I don't really want to lose the performance of the newer sets sad_o.gif

EDIT: I downloaded and installed ForceWare 65.62 driver set from Guru3d ( http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=847 ), and it fixed the problem for me.

That's great to hear.

Would you maybe have a pic of the error you had that you could post here or email to me?

UPDATE: pic here.

Yup, that's my piccy, I have the same problem as you lot by the looks of it.

I'll try the old drivers, but I don't really want to lose the performance of the newer sets  sad_o.gif

Those drivers on Guru3d are the latest drivers (65.62). The ones that you probably have are 61.77. These new drivers should also improve performace in games. People are telling great things about them, so don't be afraid to install them.